JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've always liked the all black look. The FDE looks almost like a light green to me, not so tan. I wonder if it would work in woodland to break up the outline or if it would stick out. Same with Urban. I feel like in urban if you were dressed in all black defending your neighborhood, it would stand out to have FDE vs blend in if it was all black furniture.

What say ye?

I've always liked the all black look. The FDE looks almost like a light green to me, not so tan. I wonder if it would work in woodland to break up the outline or if it would stick out. Same with Urban. I feel like in urban if you were dressed in all black defending your neighborhood, it would stand out to have FDE vs blend in if it was all black furniture.

What say ye?

I use a combination of FDE and Magpul Foliage Green. Blends in well in woodland, desert and urban environments. Note how black attracts attention (BTW that a machinist's vice and a mag well block supporting the rifle).
1599004475913.png

Black pistol with FDE for comparison. Black still screams "over here!" but at least the contrast between the two helps to break up the shape. Surprisingly black doesn't even have an advantage in the darkness once you learn to look for it.
1599004702956.png

I use a combination of FDE and Magpul Foliage Green. Blends in well in woodland, desert and urban environments. Note how black attracts attention (BTW that a machinist's vice and a mag well block supporting the rifle).
View attachment 743587

Black pistol with FDE for comparison. Black still screams "over here!" but at least the contrast between the two helps to break up the shape. Surprisingly black doesn't even have an advantage in the darkness once you learn to look for it.
View attachment 743588

Hmmmmmm...that's very nice, the first one does blend in very well. Even though the 2nd one blends in less than the first one, it appears the FDE still breaks up its outline quite a bit, wouldn't you say?

So keep the FDE brace? The upper is MLOK black so unless I paint it...

Maybe I can wrap it with some of that cammo sticky medical cloth stuff they sell...

Hmmmmmm...that's very nice, the first one does blend in very well. Even though the 2nd one blends in less than the first one, it appears the FDE still breaks up its outline quite a bit, wouldn't you say?

So keep the FDE brace? The upper is MLOK black so unless I paint it...

Maybe I can wrap it with some of that cammo sticky medical cloth stuff they sell...

How about a picture? We can do this coloring book style :)

It's like Wimmins and Shoes!

I get all Matt Best excited when I hear troubles coming and i'm standing there in front of the open safe contemplating which of several would best fit the situation, and then which side arm, and all the other stuff, like vest, NOD, mag pouch count, armor, pads, and, and, and, and...................
infinitantum!

It's a sickness!

I refuse to own an EBR (Evil Black Rifle) so all of mine get a custom camo job courtesy of Mr. Krylon and my artistic abilities.

To be fair, the .450 Bushmaster AR is used in the woods as a camp carbine and wolf/bear defense rifle...

WrHajF4RTMWsQBC5oLmhxw.jpeg

The AR10 is also designated as a SHTF run to the hills rifle as well.

IMG_20200428_160729962.jpg

And the Bushmaster V-Match AR-15 was originally purchased as a coyote gun and eventually morphed into a battle rifle for some reason. But the Extar EP-9 was purchased as a home defense weapon and I sprayed it just because I thought it would look cool...

IMG_20200607_220055878.jpg

I like my FDE hardware, but man it shows how dingey guns get as you use them. You clean them, then have to clean the outside when you done with all the carbon fingerprints. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top