JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Laser Devices, Inc. has recently come out with FDA-approved versions of their weapon-mountable IR lasers! The IR laser is a .07mw class 1 (eye safe) laser so it is not as powerful as the regular mil/le model. It is, however, sufficient for aiming out to 100yds, it is powerful enough that it does not get overpowered by IR illuminators, and great for indoors as it does not bloom out your night vision. This is a great option for civilians because it is much cheaper than buying a real DBAL or peq-15 that's stolen gov't property (people usually want like $2k for them) and it retains full warranty and you can send it in to LDI for repair if it is damaged (they tend to steal back the stolen ones when people send them in). I'd say they are powerful enough for 95% of civilian uses. If you need to hit something farther than 100yds at night, (hunting hogs or something?) I guess it's okay to take your time and look through an aimpoint or something (you'll get a nicer, smaller dot that way anyway). It's not like anyone non-mil really needs a giant light saber to paint targets 1000m away for CAS lol. They are also better than the home-made IR lasers a lot of people try to make because they are encased in a full mil-spec housing that is guaranteed to hold zero and be shock-proof against a lot of abuse.

They are available for purchase here:
LDI DBAL-I² Class 1 IR Laser ‹ Catalog Products ‹ Products ‹ Tactical Night Vision Company
LDI OTAL Class 1 IR Laser ‹ Catalog Products ‹ Products ‹ Tactical Night Vision Company

And here are some pics!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads