JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If only they released a warning that taking selfies documenting your crime is also not a good idea.

You should also get a good night sleep before your crime and eat a healthy breakfast. Also obey all the traffic rules on the way to the crime and it is a crime to drive over people on the way to your crime.

Radio People... hhmmm.

NELLIE OHR. FUSION GPS. C. S. Dossier - Russia Gate. Testimony given. Lots of taxpayer money spent for that MESS.

Her husband held a top government job and he may still hold it now.

Plots to overthrow a candidate and president and start a HUGE disinformation mess in and out of the government. They wanted Trump gone. She was/is one of many of them. NO new news there.

Gee, I don't think that SHE got the memo years ago. Is she on a LIST now?! She should be! What did she get? A freaking slap on the hand?!

SHE was communicating with one or more people on her OWN ham radio because she did not want to TALK over the telephone. (LOL!)

As far as THIS latest memo goes... well... duh?!

Cate

The thing about short range radio is that if you have a couple of bad guys 200 yards apart talking about some crime they are committing. In order to monitor them the reciever has to be within the range of both radios. If that range is only say a mile it doesn't matter what kind of receiver your listening with it still has to be within that mile to hear the conversation. Spending all day on a CB at work in the Dump truck I can tell you monitoring conversations on a 5watt radio would be near impossible unless you know where to be and what channel and the bad guys stay in that area. They would have to have thousands of monitoring stations just to cover Oregon.

@Mark W. not if the monitoring station/tool is from above.
Oh yes so true! If you happen to see a Cessna with extra antennas circling above it just may be sucking up all of the signal intelligence in that area. It also makes you wonder how many towers that repeaters are co-located on have sniffers affixed to them as well, not to mention the regular towers in high crime areas.

If you happen to see a Cessna with extra antennas circling above it just may be sucking up all of the signal intelligence in that area.
Well, I couldn't see any additional antennas but I did see a small plane circling above my house a COUNTED 25 times a few years ago!

It was really odd. AND I have no radio equipment!

You might keep an eye out for something like this.

E1875D0F-45BD-49D5-8B71-282110E3CAB5.jpeg

The thing about short range radio is that if you have a couple of bad guys 200 yards apart talking about some crime they are committing. In order to monitor them the reciever has to be within the range of both radios. If that range is only say a mile it doesn't matter what kind of receiver your listening with it still has to be within that mile to hear the conversation. Spending all day on a CB at work in the Dump truck I can tell you monitoring conversations on a 5watt radio would be near impossible unless you know where to be and what channel and the bad guys stay in that area. They would have to have thousands of monitoring stations just to cover Oregon.
Remember that downed F-117 pilot in the Balkans? Yeah, eventually rescued. His peanut whistle emergency radio calls were picked up by satellite over a distance of thousands of miles. And that was how long ago? Decades. The need for covert vans for monitoring & DFing disappeared long ago.

Last Edited:
A peanut whistle radio is designed to be picked up by satellite not a 1/2 watt FSR hand held or a 4 watt CB but hey what would coverage of all radio frequencies on a group of satellites cost?

Recently I was talking to a local, licensed, HAM operator and he told me there are satellites the FCC can utilize to identify illegal operators or activity on HAM freqs but it is only used when there is a specific complaint or potential illegal activity heard and then it is hit and miss as the transmissions need to be frequent for positive ID of the location.

He sounded knowledgeable and 'it' made sense but again just what I was told and maybe pure BS!

Last Edited:
NELLIE OHR ...

SHE was communicating with one or more people on her OWN ham radio because she did not want to TALK over the telephone. (LOL!
I've heard Ohr referenced before and read parts of her Congressional testimony but didn't see anything about using the radio because she didn't want to talk on the phone. What's that all about? Who was she supposedly talking to and what was the subject? Trump and Russia? If so, that seems very unlikely.

I am a licensed amateur radio operator and if I wanted to carry out secure comms with someone then ham radio wouldn't be my first choice except in a SHTF situation when I wasn't worried about the FCC or ARRL types. Encrypted, as opposed to digital, comms are generally illegal on the ham bands under a ham license. It shouldn't be that way but it is.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads