JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a good condensed version of an FBI study pertaining to deadly force use on the street, shooting incidents, gangster habits, contrasts between street combat mentalities, etc. The actual study is linked in the first paragraph but this is a nice bullet pointed way to digest it.

Some new stuff, some common knowledge either way worth five minutes to soak up:

<broken link removed>

A lot of us laugh at the "boyz in the hood" shooting technique but that is just not true.
I guess we all hope that if we get in a gunfight our opponents are incompetent boobs.

Bruce.

Last Edited:
Very interesting, except for one point in the "Concealment" section, item 7:

"About one-third brought weapons with them to work."

Most gangsters avoid work like the plague. Unless "work" is selling rocks on the corner. . .

I've never seen a gangsta shoot straight at a range. I have watched them completely miss huge targets at close range. I constantly hear of shootings in the news without death or hospital visits.

I just don't buy the results of this very limited study

39 savages

50 cops

Too small a study IMO. I would also say that I am glad my skill level is dramatically better than either side of this study. Also, I will draw first if it feels right. I have the knack for that and it's saved me and others several times

I've never seen a gangsta shoot straight at a range. I have watched them completely miss huge targets at close range.

Unfortunately the small sampling of gangsta's you get at the range aren't typically your career criminals, well at least not the ones that are good at it. Seeing as how felons don't have gun rights why would you want to go to a place where police officers will likely be off duty and may notice you. Obviously they won't have the advantage of surprise/numbers in a pending shoot out.

What you do see are the kids who just got their bonus checks for exceeding their whopper quota at burger king, and decided to go blow their extra cash instead of say saving for college or buying their kid pampers.

Unfortunately the small sampling of gangsta's you get at the range aren't typically your career criminals, well at least not the ones that are good at it. Seeing as how felons don't have gun rights why would you want to go to a place where police officers will likely be off duty and may notice you. Obviously they won't have the advantage of surprise/numbers in a pending shoot out.

What you do see are the kids who just got their bonus checks for exceeding their whopper quota at burger king, and decided to go blow their extra cash instead of say saving for college or buying their kid pampers.

Gangsters go to the woods too man...

So, then explain all the drive bys and other shootings where no one gets seriously injured, if at all, unless they are a bystander ? If the shooter were the average guy on this forum, the bodies would litter the sidewalk..

The only way most of them can hit their target is to be at point blank range. Therefore do not allow them to get that close

So, then explain all the drive bys and other shootings where no one gets seriously injured, if at all, unless they are a bystander ? If the shooter were the average guy on this forum, the bodies would litter the sidewalk..
you have a good point, the career criminals try to stay out of the high risk of jail time jobs, they recruit for that. the guys or should i say boys they get are expendable. basically in any local area you have a hierarchy, boss(muscle)->lieutenants->soldiers. The better the chance of getting caught doing whatever crime the lower down the ladder it goes. No I'm not a criminal, i work in an industry where i have to deal with all of them, but all my income is 100% legal, and i don't break the law... except the occasional traffic law.:s0155:

So, then explain all the drive bys and other shootings where no one gets seriously injured, if at all, unless they are a bystander ?

Simple. Pucker factor. Depending on the sources you read, the avarage number of rounds expended by the US military in Vietnam was between 10k and 50k per killed enemy combatant. Today's military is probably better, but I doubt by much. Spray and pray is easier than controlled marksmanship when the lead is flying, and this 'fire for effect' is exactly that, spray and pray.

If the shooter were the average guy on this forum, the bodies would litter the sidewalk..

Really...

I doubt that a majority of people here (myself included), while heavy in book-knowledge about our hobby, have the combat training, experience and maintained proficiency to be overwhelmingly dominant in a combat situation. Paper targets, steel gongs and deer do not shoot back. I usually practice 2 to 4 hours every other weekend (woefully inadequate) and I can print a chest-sized object out to 500 yards all day long with a Garand or '03 Springfield, yet I'm not certain that I wouldn't turn to goo the first time that object started shooting back.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads