Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FBI Stonewalls Issa

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by A.I.P., Oct 22, 2011.

1. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

I find it astounding that the Congressional Oversight Committee and the Justice Department are in a pissing match over a single firearm. Representative Issa’s investigators have every reason to believe there were at least three ATF-enabled firearms at the murder scene of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. Their opinion is based, in part, on a recorded conversation between the owner of Badger Guns and an ATF Agent wherein the Agent said “There were actually three weapons [recovered].” As today’s letter from Issa and Senator Grassley to the FBI reveals, it’s possible there were as many as five guns involved. And yet the Justice Department decided to make the number of ATF-enabled murder weapons an issue—accusing Issa of political pandering while continuing to claim that the FBI only found two Fast and Furious-related firearms at the scene. Ah yes, the FBI . . .

The FBI is a completely unreliable source of information; the Bureau stands accused of covering-up the exact details surrounding Agent’s Terry’s murder. At the very least, the Bureau is stonewalling on behalf of the Attorney General by refusing to turn over key documents requested by the Oversight Committee. More likely they’re desperately attempting to conceal their own role in the ATF’s “Guns for Goons” program.

We know that the Federal Bureau of Investigation manipulated their NICS criminal background check system to allow ATF-favored felons to [illegally] purchase firearms from ATF-monitored U.S. gun dealers. Note: that’s not the kind of move an FBI Agent at the sharp end could or would make without authorization from the Bureau’s top officials.

Those FBI “higher ups” would not have agreed to pervert NICS without speaking to the ATF’s top officials. And those ATF officials would have had to have informed the FBI brass WTF they were doing to receive the FBI’s cooperation. Unless . . . someone even higher up in the food chain told the FBI to STFU and push the buttons that let ex-cons carry guns to Sinaloa drug cartel members.

Be that as it may, the FBI was up to its eyeballs in Operation Fast and Furious before Agent Terry was murdered by drug thugs wielding ATF-enabled firearms. When the FBI got the call to deal with the aftermath of Terry’s murder—forensics, witness interviews, the lot—they performed their duties according to the FBI’s number one priority: protect the Bureau.

Even if you focus exclusively on the Terry case, there are a large range of deeply disturbing questions surrounding the FBI’s investigation. Issa and Grassley’s letter lists 16 separate lines of enquiry, drilling down to the most basic: how many people were involved in the shooting and where the **** are they? To find answers, the pols repeat their request for F&F-related internal comms between no less than nine FBI employees.

The letter highlights a three-month delay between the Committee’s initial request and the new missive, and sets a deadline for the FBI’s cooperation: November 2. Meanwhile, high-ranking democrats are calling the new subpoenas a “politically motivated fishing expedition.” At least someone did; I heard them bubblegum and moan on the radio but can’t find the remarks on Google. Which tells you that the Gunwalker scandal has reached another watershed moment.

The funny thing about all this “how many guns did the FBI recover” skirmish is that Fast and Furious unleashed at least 2000 weapons during its ten-month tenure. What’s a gun or three here and there compared to this “iron river” of weapons walked across the border to the Sinaloans with Uncle Sam’s blessing? And what’s that number compared to the American fully automatic machine guns and grenades walked across town by “defecting” Mexican troops?

elimparcial.com reports that nearly 45,000 soldiers and marines deserted the Mexican Armed Forces since Felipe Calderon assumed the presidency in 2006. If each soldier brought four guns with them (on average), that’s 180k weapons for Mexican drug cartels. Which doesn’t include thousands of firearms and millions of bullets stolen from army arsenals or the thousands of machine guns that the Mexican cartels “requisitioned” from Mexican police. Your tax money hard at work.

All of which leaves the same question on the table that I brought up a bazillion Death Watches ago: why did the ATF bother enabling the smuggling of a couple of thousand guns from a relative handful of U.S. gun stores when the U.S. government had bought (one way or another) tens of thousands of guns through “legitimate” export? Now there’s a question for Representative Issa and Senator Grassley

2. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Ugh. Darrell "I'm gonna investigate everything thing no matter what" Issa and Chuck "ah ... what day is it and where am I at and what am I suppossed to say" Grassley. I am sure there is important stuff here but these two guys on point make this more like the Key Stone cops. BTW, is this your opinion or a C&P from somewhere? Reads like a C&P.

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

You mean Darrel and Chuck aka the only people that want to see justice in the face of injustice? How can you belittle this and call yourself a supporter of gun rights? I question your motives sir.

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  4. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Dude, what's up with that? :huh:

5. Trlsmn

Honestly his comment stinks of defending the Obama administration over his/our own gun rights and government wrong doing.

It's this kind of non objective reasoning that I find appalling and disgusting. No matter what the politics of the people bringing this to the light of day the issue is still real. What's more important, the crime or the people seeking justice for the crime?

6. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Not belittling the issue nor do I have motives beyond apolitical investigation. Just as I said, having Issa and Grassley out front is ugly. Issa has had a boner for investigating the Obama administration since he was inaugurated. Grassley is an empty suit who just parrots whatever he is told.

7. Trlsmn

100% irrelevant, just an Ad hominum attack to divert attention/responsibility from the true subject. As I stated before, you're playing partisan politics over justice.

8. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Just follow the broom handle that's attempting to sweep this under the rug. Eric Holder was aware far sooner than he admitted, possibly from the beginning. How long can someone continue to close their eyes, cover their ears?

9. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well, speaking of trying to sweep stuff under the rug....now DoJ wants a vaccuum cleaner

Is DoJ proposal a reaction to Fast & Furious probes?

A proposal by the Obama/Holder Justice Department to allow agency officials to lie about the existence of so-called “sensitive information” seems curiously timed as momentum builds for a full accounting by the Obama administration on Operation Fast and Furious.

Is DoJ proposal a reaction to Fast & Furious probes? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

10. rufus

They must think "the people" are really stupid.

11. Dave Workman

They can think whatever they want.
    Let's see them think their way out of this. The story is just breaking Wednesday:

Grassley, Issa expand investigation to Texas

Senator Charles Grassley and Congressman Darrell Issa have expanded their investigation of gunrunning to Mexico by asking Attorney General Eric Holder to provide detailed information relating to the murder of Immigration and Customs Enforcement Jaime Zapata earlier this year.

Grassley, Issa expand investigation to Texas - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

rufus and (deleted member) like this.
  12. rufus

We cannot seriously expect the Justice Department to investigate themselves when there's important things to do, like this:

U.S. border agent jailed for improper arrest of suspected drug smuggler

13. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

That part about the DoJ needing a vacuum cleaner Dave,,, that just plain sucks, so sorry Dave I couldn't help it. Moving on now.
    To add to what Rufus stated,,, only the blind that follow blindly my friend. There those that believe this administration walks on water, just ask them. Holder knows this will run up the ladder to him, and very possibly his boss, and appears ready to do anything to keep that from happening, and I would be willing to bet that he falls on the sword before implicating him. Time will tell. As far as Grassley and Issa investigating this and "being out front" as was so elegantly stated here, I'm glad they are on the job, because left to a free reign, this would have turned into a finger pointing witch hunt where we as firearms owners would have bared the brunt of those that believe we have no 2ND amendment rights and that all firearms flowing across the border are the fault of every one who believes otherwise. One only need to go back to the beginning of this admin. and read what they were saying about the firearms flowing across the border,, they are strangely silent now,,,, and that silence has grown deafening.

14. Dave Workman

15. Dave Workman

16. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Because they needed to be able to point to illegal sales by gun merchants as the source of the drug cartel weapons in order to justify their next big control/registration legislation proposal. They would have dropped the sales records on the table at congressional hearings and denied any part in encouraging the sales. The one thing they didn't count on was being too successful at creating violence and mayhem to further their "under the radar" gun control efforts. They wanted to influence public opinion, but didn't plan to be part of the side show. Now Holder is trying to hide out long enough for things to blow over. I'm supportive of some things Obama has tried to do, but he's either woefully ignorant of what his employees are up to, or he's in this to his eyeballs. Either way I will not support his re-election, or even his continuation in office. There's no excuse or justification for what's happened on his watch.

17. Dave Workman

Well, Zeke, whatever the reason, I think the Congressional noose is getting a little tighter...

Holder, Napolitano share heat as more trouble brewing

As if Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano didn’t have enough trouble with questions about Operation Fast and Furious, pressure is building on Capitol Hill for Holder to step down, while Sen. Charles Grassley is now asking some embarrassing questions of Napolitano about “sanctuary cities.”

Holder, Napolitano share heat as more trouble brewing - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

18. Dave Workman

19. Dave Workman

20. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Exactly.. the chutzpah of the obongo crowd seems to be endless, they actually thought they could pull this off without having their fingies caught in the cookie jar.. with SERIAL NUMBERED guns!