JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Government in action again...........

-----------------------
FBI Plans Temporary Suspension Of Fingerprint-Based Background Checks

Friday, April 09, 2010

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has notified state law enforcement agencies that all fingerprint-based background checks necessary for Right-to-Carry permit applications will be temporarily suspended from April 28, 2010, to May 3, 2010. The temporary suspension is said to be necessary in order for the FBI to process almost 500,000 fingerprints for Census Bureau workers.

The FBI will resume processing CHL applicant fingerprints beginning May 4, 2010. Delays from the suspension of up to two weeks are anticipated; with the FBI giving assurances that all fingerprints will be processed as quickly as possible.

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030

<broken link removed>

confirmed_poster-p228887304544419212t5wm_400.jpg

Government in action again...........

-----------------------
FBI Plans Temporary Suspension Of Fingerprint-Based Background Checks

Friday, April 09, 2010

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has notified state law enforcement agencies that all fingerprint-based background checks necessary for Right-to-Carry permit applications will be temporarily suspended from April 28, 2010, to May 3, 2010. The temporary suspension is said to be necessary in order for the FBI to process almost 500,000 fingerprints for Census Bureau workers.

The FBI will resume processing CHL applicant fingerprints beginning May 4, 2010. Delays from the suspension of up to two weeks are anticipated; with the FBI giving assurances that all fingerprints will be processed as quickly as possible.

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030

I am not sure how much this will affect the process in Oregon. In firearms sales we take thumb prints and they just go into cold storage with the store for a few years and called up only if the buyer has a problem down the road and the LE of ATF asks for them.
I think the same thing happens with the CHL except for the first time applier. Renewals shouldn't be an issue.
Time will tell.

Census takers huh... aren't most of them Acorn'ers.....
BamaPimpets

Congress got shamed out of using ACORN for the census.... too many serious issues with them, and the public were getting excited against having them come round to our doors.

Actually, I am almost surprised they are doing fingerprint/background checks for census workers..... I think its a good move. With ready access to people's homes and property, and unemployment so high, who knows what manner of creep might be wearing a nice pair of slacks, shiney leather wingtips, and a cool sweater..... and apply to become a census worker.

well, at least they're giving advance notice, and a good explanation. They could have just said nothing, and let us stew. Got mine already, though..... by the time I get it together to send off for Florida's, this will have blown over.

BS? How so? In Washington state, all you have to do is have a pulse, pay the fee, and be criminal/mental-history free... mine was EASY, and I'm a non-resident! :D
The fact that I had to take a class, apply, then wait 2 weeks and go in again to pay/get fingerprinted, write a letter of compelling reasons I want to carry in Oregon, then it takes 15 days longer than WA to get the actual permit, it's $10 more, expires a years sooner, ect. Just a lot of BS involved compared to WA.

I'll have to agree.

Washington, walked in with no appointment, paid the fee, had the papers filled out already (available online for download), fingerprinted, showed ID, nice guy, fun to chat with, made it painless... $65, walked back out and had the permit in hand two weeks later.

Oregon, schedule the class, paid $35 for that, drove down for the class, two hours each way, two hours for the class, six hours. Stopped by my targetted county's sheriff's office.. closed Fridays (budget cuts) but the nice man behind the counter took care of getting me all the forms anyway. Everything listed. Another trip down, had to write a letter explaining why I wanted to carry in Oregon and why I wanted to apply for the permit in THAT county. Fine... TWO checks, one had to be certified bank check, so a trip to the bank. Total $75, (plus $35 for the class, making $110 all in). Nice guy there, too, made the filing painless and pleasant. Drove home again, then had to wait a FULL MONTH to get the silly piece of paper in my pocket.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do these stupid state governments NOT comprehend? ANY fee is an infringement. ANY Mother May I paperwork is an infringement. ANY delays in being able to exercise that right, which I already have, is an infringement.

Oh well, I suppose I could just say "at least its not California, where I can't carry at all". Ive a friend who is a licensed and registered private detective with a legal residence in Berkeley. He can NOT get a concealed carry permit, nohow. They just won't do it... yet he's a detective?

Nuts, they are. Nuts in the government for setting this up, and nuts in the populace for upping with it to put.
(grammar poleese could get uptight.... a preposition is not a good word to end a sentence with)

The fact that I had to take a class, apply, then wait 2 weeks and go in again to pay/get fingerprinted, write a letter of compelling reasons I want to carry in Oregon, then it takes 15 days longer than WA to get the actual permit, it's $10 more, expires a years sooner, ect. Just a lot of BS involved compared to WA.

OIC.... you werre referring to getting an OR CHL... now me understand!! :s0155:

Here is an interesting read, <broken link removed>

In one of the pdf links a law professor states how anyone can take pictures at a publice event or anywhere else and it does not violate privacy laws so therefore the FBI can do the same.

Our border agents are sueing DOJ to their job, 10 ICE agents sue over Obama immigration policy - CBS News

we stopped the building of the fence between us and Mexico <broken link removed>

where own gooberment says it is easy for terrorist to slep through Terrorists: The Other Illegal Immigrants - Islamic terrorists are using the Southwest border as a gateway to the United States, House Report Shows

we can afford the fence to protect our borders, but we can afford a $1 billion dollar program ( we all know that is the upstart cost, wait until it gets going) to spy on americans using facial recognition, something is definitely wrong.

Here is an interesting read, <broken link removed>

In one of the pdf links a law professor states how anyone can take pictures at a publice event or anywhere else and it does not violate privacy laws so therefore the FBI can do the same.

Our border agents are sueing DOJ to their job, 10 ICE agents sue over Obama immigration policy - CBS News

we stopped the building of the fence between us and Mexico <broken link removed>

where own gooberment says it is easy for terrorist to slep through Terrorists: The Other Illegal Immigrants - Islamic terrorists are using the Southwest border as a gateway to the United States, House Report Shows

we can afford the fence to protect our borders, but we can afford a $1 billion dollar program ( we all know that is the upstart cost, wait until it gets going) to spy on americans using facial recognition, something is definitely wrong.

thread_necro_super_super.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top