JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cell phone usage (mainly texting) causes a lot more injury and death of young drivers and though there is a ban on texting and driving, there is no move to ban cell phones from young drivers. If there was talk of banning cell phones in young drivers, I wonder how many cell phones would be lost in boating accidents? ;)

Mike

It would be nice if the article gave links.

If I post an article like this on FB, the people who should read it - won't. Because it is on a gun site.

That's the huge problem we have. The news eating public has been so conditioned to see fire arms as bad and dangerous things that they're not open to any other opinion. Even IF you could get people to read the articles they'd just continue to believe that we'd ALL be better off without these dangerous things.

Cell phone usage (mainly texting) causes a lot more injury and death of young drivers and though there is a ban on texting and driving, there is no move to ban cell phones from young drivers. If there was talk of banning cell phones in young drivers, I wonder how many cell phones would be lost in boating accidents? ;)

Mike

How about a cell phone but back

Mike

There is also a ban in Oregon against talking on a cellphone while driving, regardless of age... does it stop anybody?

There was a law that drivers under 18yrs of age had to be accompanied by an adult... is that one still in place?

How bout if we ban cellphones from family of all ages while attending any kind of gathering... I'm not looking forward to being ignored for hours this Thanxgiving!!!!!!

I'm not looking forward to being ignored for hours this Thanxgiving!!!!!!

:mad:

Pictures bbbass get up from the comfy chair, walk over and say, "May I see that phone". bbbass takes phone, goes to door, opens door, throws phone on lawn. Or, into street where heavy holiday traffic smashes phone to bits.

Ahhh, feeling better now? :)

What I find sad is that I can read this stuff here (which is fine in its self) but, never see this stuff in the newspaper or news channels! America has become dumb!!:(

:mad:

Pictures bbbass get up from the comfy chair, walk over and say, "May I see that phone". bbbass takes phone, goes to door, opens door, throws phone on lawn. Or, into street where heavy holiday traffic smashes phone to bits.

Ahhh, feeling better now? :)

I'd love to, but the wifey would be aghast!!!

There was a law that drivers under 18yrs of age had to be accompanied by an adult... is that one still in place?

There's something like that but it's when a kid first gets his/her permit. And I doubt it's 18. More like when you get your permit at 16. Not sure how long it's for though.

What I find sad is that I can read this stuff here (which is fine in its self) but, never see this stuff in the newspaper or news channels! America has become dumb!!:(

Well, I don't take the local rag, or any other, and I don't have cable tv, and I refuse to watch Broadcast News. However, I find plenty of those types of articles at FoxNews.com, even tho I have to admit that that particular news outlet is turning back to purple.

Cell phone usage (mainly texting) causes a lot more injury and death of young drivers and though there is a ban on texting and driving, there is no move to ban cell phones from young drivers. If there was talk of banning cell phones in young drivers, I wonder how many cell phones would be lost in boating accidents?

There is also a ban in Oregon against talking on a cellphone while driving, regardless of age... does it stop anybody?

These are great talking points when you have the opportunity to discuss guns with less than pro-firearm people that are more open to reason and discussion.

• A law doesn't stop those who choose to break it knowingly.
  • Cell phone laws are a prime example, and this is ignored by even "good & normal" folks, never mind criminals.

These are great talking points when you have the opportunity to discuss guns with less than pro-firearm people that are more open to reason and discussion.

• A law doesn't stop those who choose to break it knowingly.
  • Cell phone laws are a prime example, and this is ignored by even "good & normal" folks, never mind criminals.

Sadly, there is no such thing anymore. There is pro and anti, and the latter refuses to listen to facts OR reason. Emotions and media dictate their decisions. Discussion? Forget it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top