JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My intense feelings about the way the Feds handled Waco are... Hold on, I'll be right back, somebody's knocking on my front door.

Last Edited:
Some questions come to mind:
  • What kind of teenager's bedroom fits 25 guns + crates of ammo comfortably?
  • How does a teenager afford 25 guns and 10k rounds of ammo? How did he buy handguns at 18?
  • Given the obvious conclusion that these things belong to parents or relatives, why no mention of them in the article?

I doubt that I had that much ammo when I was 18 but I certainly had that many guns. Granted, some were pretty cheap due to war surplus stuff being still available. Also, back then if you had the money a young guy could buy/have handguns, especially out in the sticks.

The kid had one hell of a paper route I guess. Way fishy.

I am in the Airsoft camp on this one. One Gallon jug will hold 10k of airsoft "rounds" easy. (gotta sell them papers, man)

Last Edited:
He had moved to his father's house, so the guns and ammunition could have been there all along. One news article I read said he'd been accepted into the ROTC program in Alabama.

Something smells bad here, seems like there's only half a story... I'll await the rest of the story before passing judgement. But I would ask, how an 18 year old legally obtains handguns, seeing federal law says one has to be 21 to legally purchase handguns....

I haven't read the story, but are they using "gun" to mean rifle? Because if they are, an 18 yo is legal (though my 18yo self would have been jealous -- I barely had the dough to buy Old Milwaukee back then).

EDIT: report (FWIW) says 15 rifles and 10 pistols.

Last Edited:
Different article has more of the alleged threatening comments, though still edited and strung together, perhaps misleadingly:

The FBI says a further review of ArmyOfChrist found posts that stated, "… don't comply with gun laws, stock up on stuff they could ban. In fact, go out of your way to break these laws, they're f--king stupid," and "Hell, even the Oklahoma City bombing shows that armed resistance is a viable method of political change. There is no legal solutions" and "In conclusion, shoot every federal agent on sight."

I would like to see the comments in full context.

Some questions come to mind:
  • How did he buy handguns at 18?

Something smells bad here, seems like there's only half a story... I'll await the rest of the story before passing judgement. But I would ask, how an 18 year old legally obtains handguns, seeing federal law says one has to be 21 to legally purchase handguns....

An 18 to 21 year-old can legally buy a handgun in a private party transaction. The law against selling (not buying) handguns to those between 18 and 21 applies to FFL licensees (I assume that includes those with an FFL 03 Curio & Relic license), not private individuals. In the majority of states including Ohio but not including California, North California (Oregon), or North North California (Washington) where no background check or FFL involvement is required for private party sales, an 18-year-old can legally purchase a handgun from a private party.

May an individual between the ages of 18 and 21 years of age acquire a handgun from an unlicensed individual who is also a resident of that same State?

An individual between 18 and 21 years of age may acquire a handgun from an unlicensed individual who resides in the same State, provided the person acquiring the handgun is not otherwise prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A Federal firearms licensee may not, however, sell or deliver a firearm other than a shotgun or rifle to a person the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is under 21 years of age.

There may be State or local laws or regulations that govern this type of transaction. Contact the office of your State Attorney General for information on any such requirements.
[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1)]

Also, an 18-year-old can be legally gifted a handgun, even in Oregon. In Oregon if the gift comes from an immediate family member (see below) no background check or FFL involvement is required.

(4) The requirements of subsections (2) and (3) of this section do not apply to:

(a) The transfer of a firearm by or to a law enforcement agency, or by or to a law enforcement officer, private security professional or member of the Armed Forces of the United States, while that person is acting within the scope of official duties.

(b) The transfer of a firearm as part of a firearm turn-in or buyback event, in which a law enforcement agency receives or purchases firearms from members of the public.

(c) The transfer of a firearm to:

(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;

(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;

(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;

(D) A transferor's sibling;

(E) A transferor's grandparent;

(F) A transferor's grandchild;

(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;

(H) A transferor's first cousin;

(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or

(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.

I gifted my 18-year-old son his dream gun, a two-tone West German SIG P226 as his high school graduation present. No background check or FFL involvement required. All perfectly legal, even in Oregon.

p226-german-1-jpg.jpg

Last Edited:
From a dealer 18 in private sales

Social media, for as zero as I use it, is perhaps the most effective tool that law enforcement has for identifying potential threats before they carry them out. Indeed that is how it is supposed to happen.

Each of these mass shooters, oh, at least since Columbine, gave plenty of signs and signals that something big was up.

Nothing was done by parents, friends, neighbors, co-workers or government.

Bad non-move.

Can we prevent them all? No. Certainly not. But we can certainly prevent the ones who drop clues right and left. Give them all the attention they crave - just do it before the trigger is pulled.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top