JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The FBI was warned last month that Nikolas Cruz was an armed psycho who might shoot up a school — but it didn't bother investigating, the agency admitted Friday.

"A person close to" Cruz called the agency's tipline on Jan. 5 and reported the 19-year-old had a "desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts" and there was "potential of him conducting a school shooting," the FBI said in a statement.

But the agency said it failed to pass on any of that information to its Miami field office, even thought its own protocols say he "should have been assessed as a potential threat to life."

Continue Reading: https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/fbi-failed-to-investigate-tip-on-school-shooter-last-month/

I seem to recall a series of failures by the FBI, a little research and you can see they have been run poorly for a number of years. The Boston bomber interviewed before bombing, Orlando shooter interviewed 3 times by FBI before killing 49.School shooter not even interviewed when turned in twice before killing 17. I guess it' time to get new blood in management.o_O

I need a reality check. Does that High School have a security perimeter fence? Does it have controlled access choke points for entry and exit? How did that ARMED nut case ever get on campus? Was he known to security staff as a bad egg? So many things just do not add up in my feeble minds eye.

Seems to me if that school insisted upon a kill free zone, (which is what they got in the end) they should have taken more responsibility to tighten up the perimeter? Also and this is just me ranting, how come some of the teachers or staff were not trained and armed to respond immediately to the threat?

Three minutes is an eternity.

screen-shot-2018-02-16-at-9-28-48-am.png

I hate to play devils advocate here, but what could they do even if they did investigate it? This nut job wrote that he was going to shoot up a school. Okay, how many liberals have said they want to shoot Trump? Are they going to detain him for posting something online; take away his gun rights for something he said? That sounds like a slippery slope if you ask me.

I am sure the FBI gets thousands of tip-offs every day, you can't rely on them for these kinds of problems. If the community thought that this wacko was a threat, the community should have dealt with it more proactively. Have the local PD watch/question him, tell family and neighbors to be on the lookout for suspicious behavior, and increase security at the school.

I seem to recall a series of failures by the FBI, a little research and you can see they have been run poorly for a number of years.

Bureau management has been going steadily down hill due to a lackluster string of presidential appointees, since the Clinton years {go figure}.
The last competent Director was William Sessions, {a former Texas Judge} however he wasn't a willing participant with Clinton camp shenanigans. AG Janet Reno was then tasked with crafting a justification for his removal.

You mean to tell me a gov. agency had been tipped about a erratic behavior and possible homicidal intentions and nothing was done to prevent this? And the school knew not to let him in with a backpack because violence would unfold and yet he strolled in anyways?
:s0095:
This reminds me of when I went to see the Blazers play and according the website not even off duty LEO's are allowed to carry, and yet I walked through security w/out even unbuttoning my jacket... All I could think was all these people here to keep the area secure and yet I easily could have had an UZI on board and nobody would have known. ENFORCE WHATS ON THE BOOKS AND ALLOW TEACHERS TO CARRY!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Bureau management has been going steadily down hill due to a lackluster string of presidential appointees, since the Clinton years {go figure}.
The last competent Director was William Sessions, {a former Texas Judge} however he wasn't a willing participant with Clinton camp shenanigans. AG Janet Reno was then tasked with crafting a justification for his removal.

Ya historically the FBI went down hill fast under Clinton, bombings and killings were common and once corrupted there was no one of character to bring it back. Its' going to take a real leader with good people skills that believes in justice. Not sure if anyone in government fits the job.o_O

Well as they say, kaka runs downhill. The higher you go, the closer you get to the political flame. The primary role of the Director is to set and maintain priorities. A problem arises when politicians get involved by demanding a role in setting priorities. It's pretty much a given, that the Bureau's high priorities have been skewed since the election and collusion allegations.

When you re-mission existing resources, something is sacrificed somewhere in turn.

The swamp there also needs to be drained. The trick will be to not replace the dead wood with the next generation of political wonks.

You mean to tell me a gov. agency had been tipped about a erratic behavior and possible homicidal intentions and nothing was done to prevent this? And the school knew not to let him in with a backpack because violence would unfold and yet he strolled in anyways?
:s0095:
This reminds me of when I went to see the Blazers play and according the website not even off duty LEO's are allowed to carry, and yet I walked through security w/out even unbuttoning my jacket... All I could think was all these people here to keep the area secure and yet I easily could have had an UZI on board and nobody would have known. ENFORCE WHATS ON THE BOOKS AND ALLOW TEACHERS TO CARRY!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Yep, a lot of dropped balls and the innocents in a gun free zone perished.
There will be no penalty for the ABC agencies because GOV. are not to be held accountable, EVER!!!:mad::mad::mad:

This whole thing is a bit of a mess. Got it that FBI dropped the ball last month,
but what about last year?

This guy buys a AR-15 in February of 2017. Passed the background check.
In September he's turned in for a Youtube post, "going to be a professional
school shooter"---using his own name as a user name. FBI "does a database check"
and can't find him, so they drop it. Passes a background in February, they can't find him
in September? What?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads