JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The NRA "bump-fire" snafu was a knee-jerk response, swiftly back-peddled when enuff members howled and it became more clear as to what a "bump-fire" is. It isnt something I knew anything about until the thing was 'splained to me. I have no use for one personally, but they ARE legal and so judged by the ATF, so let em be. And the NRA changed course when they learned more about the matter. Just "Quitting" for good and all because the NRA doesnt act fast enuff to please some folks is no reason to just walk totally away... in my view. Life is too short and the stakes in question are too high to be doin that. Still, it's a free country and MAC can do as they please, and I am free to totally ignore THEM too.
I hear there are some folks still boycotting Ruger for the late Bill Ruger's bad move regarding the clinton <spit>bubblegum-ban of '94. Bill Ruger is dead, company policy has been changed, and the ban is 15 years in it's grave too... And then there are the die-hards who still won't touch a Smith because of political mistakes made by a British management company that briefly controlled S&W in the 90's..
Haters gonna:eek: hate...

Ya'll got time fo dat utube stuffola?

I'd watch the babes, but otherwise I only use it when I need to see how something is done.

Oh, and music vids.

in this order:
Demolitionranch and his other channels too.
Hickok45
iraqveteran8888
fpsrussia when im goin WAAYYYY back

I'm with ya, but I would put iraqvetran ahead of Hickok. I'm not into Hickok's reviews as much, but whenever I watch him it feels like I'm shooting guns and bubblegum with the Grandpa I never had!

I got into a spell where I unsubscribed to Matt's Demo Ranch after he shot up a living tree for no reason on YouTube. But I resubscribed eventually :)

The NRA knew damn well what bumpstocks were, even if half of gunowners didn't know or care about them.
They caved to political pressure before caving to popular pressure. I haven't seen a change that fast since a phone booth in a Superman movie.

The NRA has value. I'm just saying that gun owners aren't their primary concern anymore. The manufacturers are. They are the big money. The NRA takes in money when controversy exists. Where have they been on national reciprocity? Hearing protection act? If they were that concerned with gun owners rights, they would be doing something to keep those on the agenda rather than languishing in committee.
But if they wait until next year when it's midterm elections and they can bring in money again, they'll be talking all about them again.

I haven't quit them, not am I boycotting any personality that isn't denouncing them. But the NRA needs to do some soul searching and if they want to continue on this path, then they just need to come out as an industry lobbyist group rather than masquerading as a gun owners rights group. Those two things aren't the same...

Sop box rant over...

Oops! I forgot one admission! I love to watch Battleship movies on the tube!
Pursuit of the Graf Spey
Sink the Bismarck etc. :)

Both have big guns!

I'm with ya, but I would put iraqvetran ahead of Hickok. I'm not into Hickok's reviews as much, but whenever I watch him it feels like I'm shooting guns and bubblegum with the Grandpa I never had!

I got into a spell where I unsubscribed to Matt's Demo Ranch after he shot up a living tree for no reason on YouTube. But I resubscribed eventually :)
ehhh i get it... i dont purposely shoot live trees either. especially on public land.

the way i look at it though is its his channel, his property, his tree and he can do whatever he wants to it :D

the way i look at it though is its his channel, his property, his tree and he can do whatever he wants to it :D

For sure. I just thought it's a really bad example to set. I feel that he has some responsibility to reflect good judgment and etiquette when his viewer base is so large.

As the times get tougher with all the anti gun movements, setting a higher standard in recreational shooting is very important to me.

For sure. I just thought it's a really bad example to set. I feel that he has some responsibility to reflect good judgment and etiquette when his viewer base is so large.

As the times get tougher with all the anti gun movements, setting a higher standard in recreational shooting is very important to me.
Be sure to get in touch with @Cogs . That's the point of his whole program.

Thanks for the hail, @ZigZagZeke !

Right on, NoLime! I wish they would make it clear that they are shooting on private land and what they are showing is not acceptable or legal practice for shooting on public land. Still, even if they do add that disclaimer, people will want to duplicate that stuff for their own little videos and thrills and they end up doing it on public land. They don't think of what it does to our privileges, our reputations or our support for the Second Amendment.

I've sent emails to a couple of manufactures asking them to add a disclaimer and show examples of legal shooting. Haven't seen it yet. Maybe we need more people to encourage them to do so.

For the most part, I think most of them show good examples of legal type public land shooting stuff. But when it comes to the REAL FUN STUFF... I wish I had private land to try some of it!

Keep up the firm stance!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top