JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have a whole lot of experience with rimfire target guns. Truth be told, essentially nothing rimfire does anything for me. Not knocking it, just not my cup of tea. Well, I have been experiencing very strange days this last week, with more tomorrow, so why not continue the unusual with some .22 target shooting.* (Granted, it was whilst engaging in more trigger time with a new Forty-Forty.)

* This one. It is my wife's and I call it her "space gun".
princesa del espacio.jpg

I must say, overall, it was a fun outing and I get the appeal.

What say you? Have a favorite target pistol or revolver in something rimfire (e.g., .17 HMR, .22 LR, .22 WMR, .22 ILARCO, .32 Rimfire, 9㎜ Flobert, et al.)? What do you like about'em? If one was to look for a .22 WMR target revolver, what would you recommend?

Thanks for sharing!

An older S&W Model 41, or High Standard target model is pretty nice. Or in a revolver, a S&W K22 or Model 17. A Ruger Mark series, or Browning Buckmark with a decent trigger are not bad choices either, and typically less expensive than those I initially identified. I enjoy shooting all of these!

My favorite that I own is neither a pistol or a target firearm.
But...its fun to shoot and I shoot it well.
Its my H&R 649 revolver.
My dad gave it me on my 13th birthday.

A favorite one that I once shot....
A original Colt 1849 revolver that had been converted to .22LR .
Andy

My 2 favorite currently, are a SW Victory 22, and a SW 617 10 shot revolver. Amazing accuracy once I put red dots on them....*kaff*kaff*.....of course there's a host of 'old favorites' and some I still prefer but have just finally divorced as the little issues over the decades just never became full-length-match reliable.

I had a Ruger Mk4 Hunter that was my favorite. She was decked of out with Volquartsen. I replaced her with a Volquartsen Scorpion 6" with a threaded barrel. She is now my very favorite 22lr. Shooting paper is pretty boring, but shooting steel with a little 22lr is a lot of fun.

Hammerli, Benelli, Walther TPH and a host of other pistols I've never even seen in real life. They all seem magical.

Hammerli, Benelli, Walther TPH and a host of other pistols I've never even seen in real life. They all seem magical.
I found myself farting around the website of a company called Edelweiss Arms today. They have some real beauties on there, including Hämmerli and Walther. I realize this is a rimfire thread, but there were some offerings from the former in .32 Long that were quite tempting. But I digress. Anywho, thought you might like the site. Cheers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top