JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We played range golf where you take it in turns to shoot the golf ball on the mound of dirt. With the 17hmr you can place the shot to make the ball go whichever direction you want!
We were playing at 70 yards

I just spent two hours in my back yard shooting plastic army men with my new Sheridan Blue Streak. Army men cost a buck for a pack of 48, and were worth every penny each time one went flying out into the lawn.

Plastic film canisters full of flour. Can be refilled and re-used if you have a roll of tape.
Poke a small hole in the top, pull a string through and tie a knot in it, Hang it up in front of the backstop so it swings a little.
Hard to hit, but it lets you know when you do!
Clean-up is easy,... If you can find the canister!

I like these no clean up ideas. One of my favorites is to fill a milk jug with water and peel off the plastic. Throw the plastic away and shoot the ice block with a AR/SKS/AK and watch the ice fly...

I have also shot at paintballs at medium range. Nice little splat... No clean up there because they disolve in water.

I like these no clean up ideas. One of my favorites is to fill a milk jug with water and peel off the plastic. Throw the plastic away and shoot the ice block with a AR/SKS/AK and watch the ice fly...

I have also shot at paintballs at medium range. Nice little splat... No clean up there because they disolve in water.

Ice jug, that is an awesome idea.

To those of you just joining this thread, here is the OP was looking for reactive targets that he did not have to clean up after. I posted the army men with a pellet gun idea because I shot them in my back yard, where I mow.

So, garden gnomes and loaded ammo don't really apply. Before the rain this morning, I was blasting little marshmallows with my pellet gun.

As someone else mentioned....potatoes. Works best for rifles and pistols.

Apples also work, but tend to be more expensive.

I like the marshmallow and saltines for the .22s though.

I like shooting steel plates. No matter how far out they are, I can hear them go DING! Lot's of fun, especially with a 10/22 at 200+ yards. One really has to play with the hold over.

I've made a couple of silhouettes out of steel and we try to hit them off hand at 100+ yards with my Glock and Kimber. I can do it, just not real frequently, yet... ;)

Best part is, I just hike out, pick them up and I'm off after policing my brass. Little to no clean up. Shooting bottles, cans, TV's, etc. is just plain rude and bad for the environment! Clean up your bubblegum!

Paintballs (off golf tees)
Crackers
Wiffle Balls on the run
Potatoes (off traffic of track cones)

Not reactive, But I shoot a lot of playing cards. Best range target ever after initially sighting in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top