JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1597456390487.jpeg

The first pistol I ever bought ruined me for anything less. Sig Sauer P226 X-5 AR 9mm. I still can't believe how sweet this is to shoot. This was from the first NRA pistol class I took. Instructor said "I don't think I ever saw that (done to the target) in one of my classes before." I've done some upgrades since then, now has new G10 grips, red dot optic, SRT trigger kit from Sig, enhanced action job, gonna be a keeper.

I don't have any single "favorite" per se. Because I like a lot of different handguns for various reasons. But strictly for shooting, the plain, old Smith & Wesson Model 10 .38 Special is one that I can pick up and shoot well from the first shot. With just regular square butt magna service stocks. I have large hands but somehow the grip feels right in my hand.

Second place, the Ruger Mark type grip and of course the original Luger grip both feel right for me.

Model 624 s&w, just a sweet heart of a shooter, it sadly went away. I feel my newest favorite is going to be a blackhawk 45 convertible I'm getting tomorrow.

My SW 686+

Too heavy to EDC, but's it's a dream to shoot at the range.
I had a 686+ 4" round butt. One of my favorite handguns of all time. I would pack it all day on a "woods day". A good belt and holster made it doable. I sold it gathering up money after I'd bought a 2nd CBOB. Shortly after that I sold that CBOB. The regret of letting the 686+ go had already set in.
P1010003.JPG P1010002.JPG
@11Charlie mentioned an old Colt that was pretty nice. Actually, it's way nicer than just "pretty nice" and it's one of the nicest shooting handguns I've ever
owned. I traded into it when I was looking to unload my S&W500 and had it for quite a while. But then it was used as trade bait for a 1962 National Match. It then came back up for sale and I bought it back! Then, like what happens with many very nice firearms I have owned, it just sat in the safe. Eventually both the National Match and then the 1951 Commercial Colt got sold. Left to right below, 1951 Colt Commercial, 1962 Colt National Match, Dan Wesson CBOB.
2 Colts and a DW.jpg
Then there's the Dan Wesson CBOB 45. I backed into a trade deal for that gun 10 years ago and had no idea what I was getting. It was like new, in the case and with all of the goodies. When I took it out and shot it, my much loved Para P12-45 got sold. I bought a couple of good holsters and started packing it around. I shot the livin crap out of it. And actually I've kinda beaten the crap out of it. It's been carried outdoors so much it's a little shabby compared to when I got it, but it's stone cold reliable. It's my most carried and used pistol. It's been my EDC for a majority of the last decade. That must mean it's my favorite. Except, it's not.

Grandpa's Ruger 22 Pistol. First handgun I ever shot. Last handgun I'll let go.
Standard.jpg

A long time ago I owned an AMT Automag II 22mag and it was awesome to shoot but not super accurate, so I traded it towards the SW 624 that I still have today, which is accurate and a real tame kitten for teaching others how to shoot.

This thread has a great collection of pistols.

I'm going to cheat because "if you aren't cheatin' you aren't tryin'"

Fav 22LR SW41
Fav 9mm Tie: HK P7 & Sig 210 Target
Fav 38 SW 52 Semi Auto Wadcutter!
Fav 357 Colt Python smooth as glass and deepest bluing on the planet
Fav 40SW SWM&P 2.0 grips are amazingly comfortable and tactile
Fav 44Mag Desert Eagle with an honorable mention to Ruger Super Redhawk 9.5
Fav 45 Kimber National Match 1911 2nd deepest bluing on the planet

So what is my absolute favorite?

Thompson Center Contender will all the barrels you can carry of course.
Who doesn't need a 12in 223 or 30-30 barrel when shooting watermelons...

Watermelon.jpg

Somebody way up there named their 1903 Colt, and I have to agree. It's not the most effective caliber, but it shoots straight and reliably, has a million "cool" points, and my grandpa carried it all over Korea for a few years, so it tops the list for me.

I absolutely love the lines of the Auto Mag !!! I honestly don't think that there is a sexier gun out there. Then again, I might be a little biased...... ;)

DSCN0564a.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads