JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DSC06046.jpg
The top pistol is my favorite ....
It was my dad's Colt Series '70 in .45acp.
It was the first handgun that I shot....My dad and I put many rounds through this pistol.
It still is my first choice as a carry gun...and still gets shot today.

DSC06041.jpg
My close running 2nd favorite is the bottom pistol.
I made this pistol from spare parts I had 'floating" around in the shop.
Its a .54 caliber percussion pistol.
The lock I converted from flint to percussion...the barrel is chunk of old rifle barrel...and the stock was hand carved from a piece of maple.
Andy

Not to hijack the thread, but that blanket looks like the old GI-issue wool blanket. Is it?
I have one of those in my Exploder for emergencies. It was my Dad's from his time in the service from 1950-54.
Still keeps me warm as the day it was new...
Yep...good eye you have....:D
That blanket followed me home from the Army....still goes out camping and hunting....:D
Andy

Para Ordnance P14.45 2011. Cuz with Grahm's base pads it held 18rds of .45ACP wholesome goodness.

S&W Model 57 .41Mag with 4" barrel - cuz is was fun to shoot and looked very cool.

Always had a bunch of guns never shot any of them worth a crap. Had a Glock 17, a couple charter 38's I got when my grandparents died, a Beretta Tomcat .32 I bought for the wife (big mistake). In 2010 I quit drinking, resulting sobriety left me anxious and needed to do "something". My old forms of stress relief were drinking and lifting heavy things, neither of which is inherently bad however I was doing both of them in very very unhealthy ways.

I went to the gun store, got money for the glock, a little for the .38's, a little more for the Beretta. Went to the 1911 section and was going to get me a "Colt 45", like I had always wanted. Tried all the triggers, found I liked the Springfield Loaded stainless the best. So that's what I bought.

Then I shot it. Every day, I would shoot 100 rounds. Got into reloading before 2012 and never looked back.

So it's 10 years later now, and that gun has ~50k rounds through it. Barrel is still bright and shiny. Had some small little mods I've done to it....short trigger, thin grips, fiber optic front sight, u notch rear sight, standard guide rod, got the shok buff thingie from WC (makes a huge difference). Best investment in working the gun in? Ammo.

I've got a bunch of other pistols these days. My compulsive behavior has been transferred from drinking and lifting into buying guns and shooting them.

This Springfield loaded is still my favorite. I can field strip it in a couple minutes blindfolded, then put it back together. It's the only gun I have any emotional attachment to. I'll probably pass it down to my daughter, who loves 1911's, before i die.

My Remington R1 Limited is becoming a favorite to take to the range. It's not the most accurate, or the best feeling, or even most attractive pistol I own, but I do enjoy shooting it for some reason.

IMG_20200710_175748166.jpg

Tough call, but today I'd say either my Springfield NM framed TRP Champion customised by Alchemy (top)

Or my custom Ted Yost CCO build on a Colt Officer's frame and Caspian Commander slide (bottom)

trp champ.png yost cco.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads