JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Night sights work good for the first shot, I think XS for me, just put them on my G-33. I just ordered Glow On paint for my many Iron sights, see how that works.

Last Edited:
To me, night sights are good for finding my gun in the dark. For shooting, not so much. Add a weapon light and they're useless. Same for "dusk" shooting. That being said, I run Ameriglo's on all my Glocks.

Got the XS DXT2 installed. No press needed to install.
Very impressed so far with how easily I can see the front sight in any light.
If they are on target I'll get another set for the P228 slide assy that I just got.

Got some Trijicon HD XR sights with an orange front dot showing up next week for my P220

The pistol on my nightstand has TFO's for daylight. They're excellent IMO. One of my CZ's also wear them.
At night, a Lasermax green guiderod laser, and a SF x300u-b for the best of both situations.

6 slides and all have different sights now.
Just installed some Speed Sights day sights.
Glad I just went with day sights as I can see these in just about any light.
With a TLR-8, Tritinum is kind of a waste anyway.
POI is the tip of the front sight, which works out perfect for the laser.
Set the green dot on top of the sight for 7 yards and done.
65M7WWcl.jpg

I put a TFO front on the .357 slide a couple weeks ago that I really like as well.
W2Lpq7Cl.jpg

I've had big dots on my G26 carry piece for over a year.
Last week I took it to the range and I noticed my shots drifting off, I looked the the rear sight and it was sliding out. The set screw had comes loose.
That did it for me.
No more sights that have set screws for me.

I did not loctite them, as I know I should have.

Ordered new Ameriglo's like I have on my G19

I've had big dots on my G26 carry piece for over a year.
Last week I took it to the range and I noticed my shots drifting off, I looked the the rear sight and it was sliding out. The set screw had comes loose.
That did it for me.
No more sights that have set screws for me.

I did not loctite them, as I know I should have.

Ordered new Ameriglo's like I have on my G19
I like the Ameriglo's on my G-42, but I like the Big Dot on my G-33 too. I need to find the tiny Allen wrench for my Big Dot and re-torque them. If it deserves a torque, then it deserves a re-torque after a few days, shot or not. It takes a set, threads stretch, and a re-torque is usually necessary. Same is true on a Barrel nut.

Speed Sights use a set screw for the rear.
I used Vibra tite on it. 300 rounds and it's stayed put so far.
If it does loosen I'll just use some blue. They will never burn out and I'll never change them out anyway.
Went with day sights.
65M7WWcl.jpg

The TFO front was a wash. Most definitely getting a set of Speed Sights for that slide instead.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top