JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stand By Me is my absolute all time favorite movie

I own that movie, its pretty good, I mean I thoroughly enjoyed watching Stand By Me, especially scenes with the .45 ACP 1911, but I still say Falling Down is the best movie in movie history. At least for people who enjoy guns in movies, I really can not think of a single bad thing to say, the acting in the movie was spot on, and the director and actors really got you to feel for the star of the film, Michael Douglas. Yes he was constantly breaking the law throughout the movie, but he didn't seem like a bad guy, at all in the movie. He only killed one man throughout the entire film, and he was trying to rape him or something in the military surplus store. I guess you could say he indirectly caused a heart attack that killed a snobbish old man on a country club golf course, who was swinging golf balls at Michael Douglas's head in which he shotgun blasted his golf cart and sent it into a water trap, and the golf cart had the mans heart pills in it.

If you like guns, and you like movies with a political undertone about flaws in American society, Falling Down is the number one movie I would recommend for you to watch.

edit: after watching falling down, when the ending credits are rolling you will look back and say to yourself, I just watched the best movie Ive seen in a long time.

This is one of the many clips in the film that has spot on acting. The actor who plays the bum does his role so perfectly because I REALLY DONT LIKE HIM at the end of his role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwP2vV6Wm1Y

I have read a lot of Louis Lamour books, including short stories and non westerns, Crossfire Trail was a great one, but a movie? Had to look it up on IMDB and it sure enough I missed the movie ... and so the search begins! Selleck has been in several movie adaptations of Louis Lamour books.

It's good, really good

The Beast. It's about a Russian tank Platoon that invades Afghanistan and gets lost while doing maneauvers. From a critic perspective it's probably a 4 out of 5, but I think its very well done.

Favorite movie is hard. I can try to list a few.
My Own Private Idaho
The Holy Mountain
El Topo
Every Eastwood Western(Especially For A Few Dollars More, Hange 'Em High and Josie Wales. It's tough to leave out High Plains Drifter)
Jeremiah Johnson
The L'Amour books are great, and the films good

Favorite films is a toughie. Kip.

The Beast. It's about a Russian tank Platoon that invades Afghanistan and gets lost while doing maneauvers. From a critic perspective it's probably a 4 out of 5, but I think its very well done.

That sounds very interesting, can you stream it?

My all-time favorites are Full Metal Jacket, Tombstone, and The Right Stuff.

I could be wrong, but I believe I've read all of the Lamour books, if only there was a movie for each! The one's that were adapted for movie were great and I just cant pick a #1.
I'm going to go out on a limb here,,, The Jungle book has got to be one of my all time favorites! I can remember back to sitting in the drive in movies with my long dead Jarhead best friend passing around a bottle of Black Velvet and laughing our arses off, no matter how many times we had seen it together, it was an annual event. I miss that old Marine, but never a chance at the movie. Now days, I grab the Grand kids, forego the whisky and still enjoy the heck out of it.

The first movie I can remember going to see at a drive-in,, and still one of my favorites;

"Old Yeller"
and a couple I'll watch over and over;
"The Searchers" and "Winchester 73"

Still hard to name a favorite but one in my Top Ten is the original Mysterious Island with Michael Callen and Herbert Lom. Great classic Harryhausen special effects and one of the best musical scores of any movie.

This is tough there are many good movies out there.

1. The Man From Snowy River.
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. V for Vendetta
4. Cast Away
5. PCU is classic. "Meat tosser!!"

There's also a campy Ray Harryhousen effects horror movie by that name from the late 1960s. I am a huge Harryhousen fan

I'm a sucker for westerns, my fav being Clint.
Pale Rider
Josey Wales
Joe Kidd

Lonesome Dove with Robert Duvall

and Heat with DeNiro and Pacino

#1 has got to be Enter the Dragon, saw it 12 times the week it premiered back in the day. probably that many again since the 70's.

3 I almost always watch when I find them on TV are Alien, Tremors, and Tombstone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top