JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Boy, I would love to hear your opinion of 1911's. Is Colt the only true 1911 and all of the others 3rd tier?:)

Both Israel and Turkey, among others, use/used Tanfoglios (and parts) or variants for military and police use.

By the way, I only own one Tanfoglio with a slide mounted safety - it is the one that I use the most.

You seem argumentative about how I've formed MY opinion. And, you're entitled to YOUR opinion.

I'd like to see your citations on when and how many Tanfoglios Israel and Turkey have issued. I highly doubt it's a substantial number for front line forces.

But hey, if you want to hold Tanfoglios in highest esteem, by all means. I honestly don't care to argue. I like what I like and have stated the reasons why. Lots of strokes for lots of folks. There's even uniformed people who like Taurus handguns... :rolleyes:

You seem argumentative about how I've formed MY opinion. And, you're entitled to YOUR opinion.

I'd like to see your citations on when and how many Tanfoglios Israel and Turkey have issued. I highly doubt it's a substantial number for front line forces.

But hey, if you want to hold Tanfoglios in highest esteem, by all means. I honestly don't care to argue. I like what I like and have stated the reasons why. Lots of strokes for lots of folks. There's even uniformed people who like Taurus handguns... :rolleyes:
Didn't mean to push your button. I will leave you with your opinions. Ciao:p

Didn't mean to push your button. I will leave you with your opinions. Ciao:p

Eh, your upthread comments tell a different tale.

Regardless, I'll say that for metal framed 9x19, factoring every possible variable, I would declare the CZ75 variants to the very best in the world with Sig P226/P229 being a very close #2.

CZ wins on lower bore access (increased inherent accuracy), slimmer design (increased concealability), higher capacity in the same size gun, lower cost, and the option of having a cock/lock or a decocker option whereas Sig has only a decocker (or the excellent DAK option). I also prefer the better CZ ergos. Again, very very close but if I were forced to buy one and only one for duty & personal defense, it would be the CZ for these reasons.

Eh, your upthread comments tell a different tale.

Regardless, I'll say that for metal framed 9x19, factoring every possible variable, I would declare the CZ75 variants to the very best in the world with Sig P226/P229 being a very close #2.

CZ wins on lower bore access (increased inherent accuracy), slimmer design (increased concealability), higher capacity in the same size gun, lower cost, and the option of having a cock/lock or a decocker option whereas Sig has only a decocker (or the excellent DAK option). I also prefer the better CZ ergos. Again, very very close but if I were forced to buy one and only one for duty & personal defense, it would be the CZ for these reasons.
I really was being sincere - note the smiley face, and was jokingly pointing out some of the faults in your assessment of variants and clones - 1911s.

If you need citations, type "Tanfoglio military and police" in your we browser window and hit enter. That will give you citations and enough information to find what you are looking for.

I have enjoyed and "liked" most of your posts, but bashing another person's choice of firearms doesn't make you any new friends and is opposed to the NWFA guidelines - "Be excellent to each other"

Another feature that I like about NWFA, and have only used once previously is - Ignore.

I am sorry we got off on a bad foot and sorry about the Tier list, but not sorry about the comments - you could have been better.

Funny you mention it because I was recently reading through a cheesy book from the 80s entitled Firearms for Survival by Duncan Long (Paladin Press, 1987)* for the giggles the other day. I was pretty sure the author was full of it. Then I read he absolutely, without reservation recommended the Tangolio over the CZ-75 and that suspicion was only increase. Then he lavished praised on the Intratec TEC-9 and any lingering doubts were erased. :s0112:

1594860498001.png

For reasons I unknown I find myself looking quite a bit for such an acquisition. I have had some over the years, but no pistol in that niche is presently in the collection. (The Mrs carries a Walther P99 that is close, but it is polymer-framed.)

For the sake of this discussion, the characteristics would be:

• Automatic pistol.
  • In 9x19㎜ Parabellum.
  • Metal framed.
  • Magazine capacity over 10-rounds, though more in the 15—20 range.
With those parameters in mind, what are some of your favorites, and why? Thanks!
Easy. Jericho 941. CZ75 based, solid steel, never wears out. Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 6.06.41 PM.png

Last Edited:
A number of years back, I had a CZ75 Compact .40 and loved the heck out of that gun! Unfortunately, I let it go to scratch a different itch and have regretted it every since. Today, I remedied that with a CZ75 Compact 9mm. Pics to come!:s0060:

This is an intriguing suggestion and I'd like to obtain one. I've seen very few in person. Apparently these are or were in military service in about 20 countries, military, foreign special forces and police. I've almost never seen them for sale in person.
My son bought his at West Coast Armory in Issaquah - special order. But, I see they are listed as permanently closed.

Well, had my LGS deliver the CZ75 down from their parent store in Salem. Came this afternoon, got the call, went in and was out in 15min.:D

thumbnail_IMG_0461.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0462.jpg

I took this one up to the home range again today. Pretty much the same results; good accuracy, totally reliable. The only shocker was the 32-rounder actually ran without issue this time. Not that I give a rip, but it was surprising. Same 115-grain fodder as the first outing. I did some shooting with the .44 whilst up there too. (There is something delightful about informal shooting with .44 Special loads through the latter on a warm, Summer day.)

nueve y cuarenta y cuatro.jpg

This is an intriguing suggestion and I'd like to obtain one. I've seen very few in person. Apparently these are or were in military service in about 20 countries, military, foreign special forces and police. I've almost never seen them for sale in person.
I have one of the Israeli police ones. The baby eagle is practically identical. Israeli police firearms are SAO though. I have a baby eagle as well. Fantastic guns, and no, I am not selling either.

While not technically a "wonder 9", I did some research and this baby is now mine! Sarsilmaz 9MM w/ported barrel. A CZ variant made in Turkey?

thumbnail_20200722_105332.jpg thumbnail_20200722_105349.jpg

Not yet, got to wait for my spot in the que to clear up in a few days. I'll do a full report once I've had a chance to hit the range with it.:s0155:

It is pretty solid though! SA/DA, 9MM, 15+1, two mags, adjustable rear sight and the grips are rubber feeling. Has a wonderful feel in my hand as the back of grip fits perfectly in the palm for me.:s0060:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top