JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This one came in today:

CZ1.jpg

It came with two 16-round magazines:

CZ2.jpg

I've got an OEM 19-round and 32-round aftermarket (for more shots and the giggles, respectively) on the way. I see they make OEM 26-rounds which I think would be quite corking to run, but, alas, CZ is out of them at the present.

This one came in today:

View attachment 715383

It came with two 16-round magazines:

View attachment 715384

I've got an OEM 19-round and 32-round aftermarket (for more shots and the giggles, respectively) on the way. I see they make OEM 26-rounds which I think would be quite corking to run, but, alas, CZ is out of them at the present.

What are your impressions of the gun?

What are your impressions of the gun?

I haven't shot it yet as it came in today and I'm working insane hours. As it is suppose to rain tomorrow, coupled with the other magazines having not arrived yet, I won't likely hike up to the home range then.

That caveat aside; I'm impressed. The fit and finish is nice. The trigger, both the double-action and single-action, are crisp and what I was looking for. It fits my hand well, though my hands are larger, so that might not apply to all. And the sights, while not the best I've ever seen, are quite good. Loading both magazines took a little doing as it is stiff, but that is to be expected for a brand new gun. I'm looking forward to giving this one a spin. :)

One of the 19-rounders came in today. I dig it; almost flush-fitting, 20-shots on tap. :)

czmag1.jpg

The 32-rounder came in too. Ever so wacky.

czmag2.jpg

Consarn the Hughes Amendment; a rather fun project would be to make a "modern schnellfeuer". Alas it will never be.

SIG Mk 25

api4xlfcm__95353.1561064243.jpg

1) Ergos, including the balance
2) DA/SA with decocker and restrike capability (I have read a few times that 80% of failure to fire is due to a hard or insensitive primer and that most of the time a second strike will fire the round).
3) I can safely carry it with a round in the chamber, hammer down and pull the trigger and it will go bang.
4) I can (and do) convert it to .40 S&W and back to 9mm again in less than a minute. Ditto with .22 LR

Including the Browning Hi Power?
John had almost nothing to do with it, beyond some basic conceptual drawings, that Design was after his death!
And the 9 mm commander also came after Browning passed! Would he have done more, pretty sure, but I don't think he would have changed the 1911 beyond what it already was, and the BHP is for all intents and purposes an improved 1911, as are just about every other semi auto pistol that uses the tilt barrel locking mechanism! Some designs have improved upon Johns design, but none have ever surpassed it and it's been over 111 years since it first came out! It may be an Old design, some would say it's complex for it's time and all that, while others complain its low capacity, but tell that to a WW-1, 2 Korean, Nam, and later vet who trusted his life to one, no one complains about any of it's supposed short comings that had to carry one for real!

Sig P226 and 229 - Battle proven reliability
CZ-75 and compact variations - Reliable
Baretta M9/92 - Ditto
Double stack 1911 aka 2011 - Typically reserved for competitions but nothing shoots/handles like a good ol' 1911. I probably would get one from STI or other "premium" manufacturer. Double stack 1911 has to be done right to be dependable.

Don't worry. I think when I head up to the home range with the new nine, I'll bring along the M1911 too. :)

And speaking of nines, how I pine to truly kick it old school:

28d74706ff440be45024b465aa0734f8.jpg

:s0112:

I finally was able to get some trigger time with CZ-75. Odd's'n ends:

• I was shooting 115-grain ball.
  • The magazines were two (2) factory 16-round, two (2) Mec-Gar 19-round, and one (1) Pro-mag 32-round.
  • Zero malfunctions with the 16 and 19 round magazines. All loaded to full capacity.
  • Two failures to feed on the Pro-Mag 32-rounder which was loaded to capacity. Not surprised nor care because this was for the giggles.
  • Shooting impressions:
    • It points nicely.
    • Minimal recoil.
    • I really like the trigger pull on this one.
    • The sights are pretty good and I had no trouble scoring hits on the gong, spinner, and a lonely bowling pin at various ranges.
    • Rock solid reliable.
    • As a basic, full-sized 9x19㎜ Parabellum pistol, it certainly fits.
    • When I was a young child, the two full sized pistols my father had were an Astra A-80 and Browning Hi-Power, both in 9x19㎜, and this outing sort of reminded me of shooting those a long time ago.
Anywho, just thought I'd provide an update. Hope you are all well on this sunny Sunday morning. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top