JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, when I have time to stop there... either a Jersey Mike's Giant Cheesesteak or what the manager at my favorite Qdoba has taken to calling my "standard Double Play" - three Tequila Lime Chicken tacos partnered with a ground-beef burrito.

Yes, each of those is ONE meal! It takes three thousand calories of just protein to get me through a day for "maintenance" alone, plus whatever other nutrients... my nutritionist jokingly calls it a "Tyrannosaur Diet." (Meat in mass quantities--I'm known to put away full-pound burgers in one go, and before Burger King went all Lefty-Loon back when I was in high school the manager at the local BK and I had a running contest about which would run out first between how many patties she could stack onto a Whopper bun or how much I could get my jaws around. We called it a Draw at the Quad Stack Whopper... and this was before even the Double hit the menu. Yes, I cause impact tremors and those neat little rings-in-the-waterglass too if I'm not careful and the floor has the wrong amount of "give"... LOL)

Last Edited:
Never been there but if you wander down Silverton way around lunch time run out to THE WOODEN NICKLE on Pine St. and order one of their Reubens. Excellent Corned beef and lots of it and the Sourer Kraut is excellent. I get mine with Tator Tots.

Had one for lunch today.
Good to know, thanks!

So the elk you have killed,did you catch the tuna or buy it on the dock ?o_O
I mean home made pickles and all,I'm guessing it ain't just canned tuna:D
There is a guy in P.A. that sells tuna out of his boat,with a deep freeze in the hull.
For me,it's better than a week on the ocean:confused:

Perceptive man. Damn right it is not Chicken of the Sea. The elk my boy piled up, they usually drop 2 to 3 a year between them and I buy from an elk farm in Mollalla when I run low. My days of running the woods are pretty much over, they get one down and depending on the situation, I head up there with the gear we need after picking the grandsons up. The tuna is bought off the dock in Garabaldi, the Captain calls me from the boat when he is on his way in, I meet him at the dock, have it cut, sacked and iced. I do not need much reason to go to the coast anytime, this is just another reason. I do probably 50 lbs total, and smoke and pack a bunch for holiday gifts and summer crackers and cheese and beer nights.

I then lightly smoked the loin pieces to get the flavor and a slight tan on them, then can them up. I have people that did not care for tuna, become fans after some of that smoked tuna.

Well, my favorite thread needed bumping and my tapeworm is gnawing on my left nut something fierce. And chicken little soup loses its flavor fed that 24/7.
Oh, so.. a pot a dried lentils, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, a partridge in a pear tree..
and a seared pork butt! Simmer and dive.

Smoked (head on) mackerel from the Rooskie deli a hard roll with a ton of red onion sliced thin with sour cream and washed down with a shot of Russian vodka with a pint chaser. A side order of pickled beets if they have any left. Then go to an outside table with a cup of super dark black coffee with heavy cream and a cigar to watch the world go by.

Smoked (head on) mackerel from the Rooskie deli a hard roll with a ton of red onion sliced thin with sour cream and washed down with a shot of Russian vodka with a pint chaser. A side order of pickled beets if they have any left. Then go to an outside table with a cup of super dark black coffee with heavy cream and a cigar to watch the world go by.
watching the world.. is that code for the wife not letting you back in the house after eating that?

i cant even answer the question.... Theres just too many.
Oh hells yea. The German deli on Powell will do you good enough around here if you need an old world slam.

The Wifey makes really awesome Ukrainian Borsht, Man, give me a bowl of that and some fresh Russian black bread slathered in butter, followed by Turkish Coffee and cream! I never get tired of that! Good Ol"Merican Steak Samitch With deep fried taters and three eggs on the side!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top