JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Korean Heritage" Man, I love me some kim chee, and have tried to make it but it's never even close to the stuff from the various Asian markets. I can never find the proper dried chile mix as the markets don't carry it. I'm guessing you need to find real "Korean" market and it seems most Asian markets aren't run by real Koreans? They'll just send me over to the "Sun Luck" kim chee mix packets.
THE Korean mega store is H-Mart.. right next to Bi-Mart on 99W.. bales a crap for your kimchi wantins.

th?&id=OIP.M40116771c7890c61a7b19100c543c857o0&w=299&h=224&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

anyway

th?&id=OIP.M40116771c7890c61a7b19100c543c857o0&w=299&h=224&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

I forgot about this thread!
I stocked up on Corned Beef over St Paddy's day, so the pastrami will be rollin' off the smoker again this year.
Whew, I wuz Jonesin'!

Since it IS lunch time...

Homemade sourdough bread, 3 scrambled eggs and some pan warmed ham from last night.

image.jpg

Depends on the day. Weekdays I like a turkey and swiss on sourdough, and set it on the Trager on cold smoke. Home made macroni salad with my own pickels in it and home made mayo. Ice cold Corona.

Change over to smoked tuna, or a nice medium rare elk burger.

Change over to smoked tuna, or a nice medium rare elk burger.
So the elk you have killed,did you catch the tuna or buy it on the dock ?o_O
I mean home made pickles and all,I'm guessing it ain't just canned tuna:D
There is a guy in P.A. that sells tuna out of his boat,with a deep freeze in the hull.
For me,it's better than a week on the ocean:confused:

One of my life long quests is finding the perfect Reuben sandwich. Perhaps the best one in Portland is at Kornblatt's on 23rd; great pickles and herring too.

Never been there but if you wander down Silverton way around lunch time run out to THE WOODEN NICKLE on Pine St. and order one of their Reubens. Excellent Corned beef and lots of it and the Sourer Kraut is excellent. I get mine with Tator Tots.

Had one for lunch today.

After I served a tour in Korea I learned to prepare my own, but the real story is when I worked at Kimber of Oregon.
Kimber employed a lot of Korean women, and I got along with them splendidly! These gals were very competitive about they're cooking, especially kimchi. Trust me, every woman in Korea KNOWS that hers is the best! At any rate, they brought me terrific meals every day and tried to get me to tell which was best! Even though, at the start, I said that I wouldn't do that! Kept my word too, but it was like working at Korean food heaven!:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top