JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to stop window shopping because I'd end up buying one.

PSA has a few 16 inch carbines for $499. That's the cheapest I've seem. Anything above that is in the $600-900 range for a complete rifle.

BCA has a slick side 20" A2 style for $494.

What is your favorite sub $400 AR15 complete centerfire rifle deal that is currently in stock?
Pretty sure you missed that market. Not long ago when there was a glut in the market I was seeing some that cheap. Very much doubt you could put one together or find one complete for that now. As another poster mentioned PSA is a great place to look for a low cost AR set up.

Here's an AR for $350 but no magazine...

That is a great deal. I love their side charging uppers.

Pretty sure you missed that market. Not long ago when there was a glut in the market I was seeing some that cheap. Very much doubt you could put one together or find one complete for that now. As another poster mentioned PSA is a great place to look for a low cost AR set up.
In July I put together a pair of ARs.
A pair of Anderson lowers from Rural King, and pretty much everything else from PSA.
Full kits, red dot, rear sight, six P-Mags, 150 rounds of Federal 5.56, two-point sling, soft case, and a local sourced front sight tool.
Total outlay, $1740, or $870 each. Both sighted for irons and optic.
I just missed blem, daily, and holiday sales that might have lowered each by $40-$60.

Joe

I was surprised when the cheapest 20" PSA blemished kit put 65 gr Seirra Game Kings into a group touching each other.
Is that hand loads? From my point of view, I find inexpensive ARs to be more sensitive to bullets than quality. I don't hand load but PMC works great in some and IMI works in others. My best quality rifle is either a 16" Stag Arms or 20" PSA/FN. I can't claim the results you've gotten.

In July I put together a pair of ARs.
A pair of Anderson lowers from Rural King, and pretty much everything else from PSA.
Full kits, red dot, rear sight, six P-Mags, 150 rounds of Federal 5.56, two-point sling, soft case, and a local sourced front sight tool.
Total outlay, $1740, or $870 each. Both sighted for irons and optic.
I just missed blem, daily, and holiday sales that might have lowered each by $40-$60.

Joe
Right after the monster :D
got elected and the market went nuts, I had a REAL hard time not buying a couple AR's, along with some other stuff. "Nice" AR's were going to $500. There were several at far less than that. I have no use for an AR other than in pistol caliber but damn, it was hard to not buy one at that price. 1911's were worse. NICE examples were selling for less than I paid for the ones I have that I had bought 15 and 20 years ago.:eek:
Every time I would look at them I kept having to tell myself, "no you do not need a few more. :s0140:

This BCA big bore is a penny under $400.

Do you want one in that caliber? Does look like a very attractive price if you want that caliber.

Beware of the BCA Beowulf uppers, I'm over $1000 into mine and still trying to get it to run. Might as well buy a single shot. Haven't had luck with that cartridge yet, pretty well gave up on it and adopted 500 Mag.

Right after the monster :D
got elected and the market went nuts, I had a REAL hard time not buying a couple AR's, along with some other stuff. "Nice" AR's were going to $500. There were several at far less than that. I have no use for an AR other than in pistol caliber but damn, it was hard to not buy one at that price. 1911's were worse. NICE examples were selling for less than I paid for the ones I have that I had bought 15 and 20 years ago.:eek:
Every time I would look at them I kept having to tell myself, "no you do not need a few more. :s0140:
You don't need a few more…… just one more.

Until the next time. ;)

I won't say this is my "favorite" under $400 AR as I've never used one (**edit** of these AR's), but was simply in an email I received today and it seems to have good reviews. Does appear to be made of "HYBRID POLYMER UPPER/LOWER, NANO COMPOSITE LOWER PARTS". Not sure if that is good or bad.

1665122202947.png

Beware of the BCA Beowulf uppers, I'm over $1000 into mine and still trying to get it to run. Might as well buy a single shot. Haven't had luck with that cartridge yet, pretty well gave up on it and adopted 500 Mag.
Ouch, could have gone Tromix for that price point and likely been into it less and had something from the king of big bore AR.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top