JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Peter Hathaway Chapstick. All his books are wonderful. Is it a 7x 57 Mauser or a ..275 Rigby ? Bell wingshooting at Victoria Falls.

Ernest Hemingway.. "The Big Two Hearted River"

Woodcraft and Camping by Nessmuck

Hunting Adventures Worldwide. Jack Atcheson. Hunting bongo in the Congo, is a chapter. Also discussing sheep hunting with the Shah of Iran.

Fred Bear

Moby-Dick, Herman Melville, gets my vote for the greatest hunting story ever told. I think I will reread the chapter on the "Dart".

I knew I couldn't quit: (thanks, Legs)

THIS GUY:

Scan_20200326 (2).png

Mostly for his preservation of a quote from Harry Selby (when Papa and Harry were days from camp chasing one Sable, and their provisions in the rig diminished to one warm dusty case of Tusker);

"Beer is Food".

I grew up reading Jack O'Connor and Elmer Keith- GREAT WRITERS! O'Connor was a proponent of the 270 and Elmer Keith of heavy calibers and bullets> Both from Idaho. I tended to follow Elmer with heavy caliber and heavy bullets. Patrick McManus was the MOST entertaining- kept me in stitches. I did enjoy Peter Capstck's books but there has been some controversy relating to his experiences. Three of my all time favorites are Jim Corbett, Kenneth Anderson and J.A. Hunter.

I was up late reading about sheep hunting in Mongolia and Iran in 1979, just prior to the hostage event. When a person has to go after big game in rough country it is best to do it before the years catch up to your knees. Adventure should not wait.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top