JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, ofttimes whilst engaging in the more routine work, I have some kind of Youtube'd lecture on something that interests me in the field of history, science, technology, culture, linguistics, interpersonal relationships, etc. I'd say history is the most common subject matter, with a focus on the interwar period and conflicts therein, the Second World War, and the Cold War.

On that score; what are some of your favorite history channels on YouTube? Care to share links? Thanks!

I've recently been listening to a 4 part series on the great depression. Can't remember the channel name, though. Pretty good stuff

(The history guy )on lubetube is great .covers all sorts of history the op mentioned . Including long forgotten and se.dom known wwII and military events .he's good

Last Edited:
The Great War on Youtube. Short 10 minute episodes, and very very well done. Produced over 4+ years, there's tens and tens of hours of content in 10 minute chunks.

If you like that, the same people are doing a week by week for WWII... channel is called "World War Two" they also run a channel called "Time Ghost History" with a lot of content including a multi-part series on events that took place around the world in the years between WWI and WWII

This guy is pretty good. Wide range of historical/military topics

As mentioned before, this is a blow by blow of WWI thats in depth and well produced.

Same crew doing a week by week of World War Two...

Again, same crew as above taking on a wider range of historical topics, including a series on events between WWI & WWII

Surprisingly good content here, obscure history stuff, some political/military stuff too

We all know "Forgotten Weapons" but this guy does a lot of old school stuff, original and repro black powder, etc

:D

Over Simplified
OverSimplified

A number of History / Military Channel videos - those that seem to be re-worked for which channel they aired on, are available, but not one unified source Wings / Dog Fights / Wings Over ...

Here is an example:

(Sounds of incantations.) Arise, thread!

OK, wackiness aside: circa 2023, what history-focuses YouTube channels, series, personalities, etc. do you find interesting? Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top