JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The town I grew up in is where the original Halloween movie was filmed. All us kids knew that the protagonist-psycho's scary "Halloween House" was haunted and you were brave to go there, especially on Halloween asking for candy. This is the place I first found my cojones.

#1) Aliens: "We're gonna die man, we're all gonna die!"
"Let her go you Byotch!....Hissss!"
#2) The Hitcher
#3) The Shining: "REDRUM!"

Last Edited:
Check out The Abominable Dr Phibes
One of my favorite Vincent price flicks- surreal and campy. More weird than scary, but I guess it was terrifying to 1970's sensibilities.

If you're looking for a so bad it's brilliant horror movie, check out Ice Cream Man- the premise is ridiculous- a bloodthirsty, murderous ice cream vendor terrorizes a neighborhood and is defeated by a ragtag group of adolescents. Surreal, awful action sequences, low rent special effects, and the dialogue is An abomination. Contains classic lines like, "run upstairs son, your mother is speaking in tongues again" and, "who's the pied piper now, ice cream dick?"

My all time favorite scary movie is Alien. My dad made the mistake of letting me watch that when I was only like 9 years old and I still have nightmares about it to this day.

Last Edited:
One of my favorite ones is called "The State of The Union" where nothing is actually discussed and everyone comes out none the wiser.

Scares the hell out of me every time I watch it.

Another one that creeped me the hell out was the Fourth Kind; I watched a bootleg copy in Iraq on my laptop at night with a nice sandstorm blowing outside making all kinds of background noise and adding to the overall atmosphere. My hoochmate was on CQ that night and I was jumpy as hell while watching it, every little noise giving me a start. I had a hard time turning out the lights that night :oops:

Jacob's Ladder - Vietnam vet has flashbacks and weird things start happening. The first time you see it, you can't figure out if it is a government conspiracy movie or a demonic possession story or something else entirely. That uncertainty keeps the whole thing off-kilter and disturbing right up to the end. Some scenes completely freaked me out.

The Lady in White - A good old-fashioned ghost story. Not terribly scary, but very well done and satisfying.

The Conjuring - You won't ever want to go into the basement alone after watching this. Oh, and cut down those old gnarly trees the first chance you get.

Alien - Of course, every list needs this classic. Is it a monster movie or a haunted house in space movie? Yes. And it never gets old.

Blair Witch Project - The terrifying last 30 seconds make the whole annoying build-up almost worth it.

Deliver Us From Evil - Pretty darn good possession movie. The final exorcism scene is awesome. Full disclosure: I have a man-crush on Eric Bana.

Last Edited:
Cool thread, love horror movies :)

Session 9. Probably my favorite after the shining
The Babadook

Both of these are the exact type of horror I love, especially Session 9. The way that movie makes you feel is perfect.

I was going to mention Shaun of the Dead - great film - I love Simon Pegg.

Big Simon Pegg fan here too :)

The Conjuring - You won't ever want to go into the basement alone after watching this. Oh, and cut down those old gnarly trees the first chance you get.

This is in my top 5. The sequel was actually good too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top