JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is your favorite EDC these days? WIth all the excellent choices we have these days it is hard to go wrong with your EDC choice. So what pistol do you prefer for -

Pocket carry....

Full size carry....

Range work? A bit off the EDC subject, but range work is good insurance at being proficient at using your EDC when needed, even if it isn't with the exact gun or model you will be carrying IMO...

I've gone to a pocket Springfield Armory 911 .380 for a pocket pistol for my EDC and find I carry it a lot more than when I was carrying a full size in an underarm holster. Easier to hide and carry and easy to retrieve pretty unobtrusively... I will probably replace it with a P365 soon as I would prefer to have a 9MM but couldn't find the 911 in 9MM at the time.

Same as it ever was....as the song says.....

Colt Series '70 Government Model in .45ACP.
I shoot this one well...and I carry it comfortably.
A good belt and holster goes a long way with carrying.

I don't have a pocket carry...but I do have some pockets that could fit the above mentioned Colt...:D
Andy

I pocket carry a 642 S&W. Since I started pocket carry I have never looked back.
I used to carry full size guns, and as soon as I got home the gun came off and either on the kitchen counter or drawer. Once I started pocketing a smaller gun the gun stays on me as long as I'm wearing pants. DR

Sig X5 legion and if I wanna be comfortable I'll carry my P365X Macro.

At least 1-2 extra mags on me as well.

All AIWB. No pocket carry for me.

I bought this and started carrying her after blasting 400 rounds.
IMG_20221031_120926873.jpg

But with the passage of 114, I'm thinking I'll carry this.
PXL_20221128_234544528.jpg
Does this magazine make my grips look big?

Last Edited:
Keltec 3AT has been riding in my pocket every day longer than I can recall. Has even made a couple trips though the washing machine......

My M&P 9mm Compact pretty much lives in my bag that goes most places with me.

No disrespect intended toward the OP, but it really seems as though so many new members on gun forums ask this question.

Still, I will answer

Colts.jpg
family.jpg

I've been a 1911 guy most of my life; I favor a Commander size (4" - 4.25" barrel) for carry, but I do like a full-size 1911 and don't regard it as too heavy (a Kramer Belt Scabbard OWB in horsehide is perfect for me).

If not a 1911, I'm a SIG guy. P-228 or P-229, but I'm liking the P-320 Carry offerings and the P-365 and P-365 XL are becoming favorites as well.

Last Edited:
Pocket: Diamondback DB9. Just bought a hellcat to try.

IWB: XDS .45 acp. Just bought a Kahr CM45 because it is slimmer.

I will have to put quite a few rounds through the new guns before I am comfortable with them.

OWB: never carry owb.

I sure like packing around my G21 on my hip. A bit chunky, though. Good thing it's winter and I have a big coat. That's my favorite.

I carry other Glocks but like them less, I also carry small guns but I don't like them a lot, either. They just fit my life well.

If I could get a good drop leg holster for it, I might stick my 686+ 5" up there with the G21 though as it typically gets carried on my hip it's a bit tall on the grip

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top