JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Feels like every year around this time I start scouting and find the compulsive need to try a different single day pack. Over the last couple years I've really honed in on what I want in a pack and what I don't. Looking for something in the 1500-2000 cubic inch size with an internal frame and space to roll up and attach my jacket to the outside or have enough room to fit it and all the essentials inside the pack, hydration compatible, and would like the option to strap my rifle or bow to the outside. Price isn't really an object, so what do you guys like?

My idea of a day pack is a bit different, so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.

For non hunts/overnight hikes I usually carry this around for day trips. Holds everything I need, nothing I don't. I have two versions. The older one and this guy the newer one. I kind of like my older one better. Though the newest version has easier pocket access.

upload_2019-3-23_16-37-40.jpeg

Camelbak mule.

I have a smaller overnight pack that kind of fits your description. It's a Kelty I want to say it's a 50l though. But it's a great pack for lighter overnight hikes where I don't pack a large sleeping bag. Has everything you listed but slightly larger.

Thats pretty similar to the badlands bag I used this year and liked a lot with the exception that with the full hydration bladder it pushed into the frameless back on the bag and into my back making it fairly uncomfortable. That and it had no where I could easily store my jacket in the mid afternoon after it started to get warm

It has a chest and belt strap. I think those help it stay stable a lot.

Can't help you with the jacket. I'm in the tie it around your waist camp myself.

My favorite Day Pack was / is my old ALICE Medium ruck...
It followed me home from the Army...and finally crapped out a few years ago...I would love to get another to replace it...but they are getting tough to find in decent shape.
Andy

My favorite Day Pack was / is my old ALICE Medium ruck...
It followed me home from the Army...and finally crapped out a few years ago...I would love to get another to replace it...but they are getting tough to find in decent shape.
Andy
I recall seeing an outfitter making them like the surplus ones. Though they were not cheap. I'll see if I can find that article.

It has a chest and belt strap. I think those help it stay stable a lot.

Can't help you with the jacket. I'm in the tie it around your waist camp myself.
I was in that camp till I lost a jacket trying to walk through thick brush :(

I see a lot of people like Kuiu stuff but I don't know of anyone who's tried their packs

I use the Badlands super day pack for hunting.

Right now for general woods bumming, I'm using a TAD fast pack lightspeed. It is a little small for my needs though, might have to go bigger,,,

Wasn't there just a pretty LONG Thread about this VERY subject? IIRC it had a Title that included Deer and Elk and covered the subject so completely that the op finally closed it because the Subject had been Beaten pretty much to Death!!! :):):)

Wasn't there just a pretty LONG Thread about this VERY subject? IIRC it had a Title that included Deer and Elk and covered the subject so completely that the op finally closed it because the Subject had been Beaten pretty much to Death!!! :):):)
I hadn't seen it... ;)
I usually carry gas mask bags, the kind designed for WWII, English and Swiss, or an Israeli paratrooper bag I found at Andy & Bax for $20.
I could use an upgrade. :)

I prefer a simple looking messenger bag, doesn't stand out, isn't tacticool or camo, and yet holds all of my gear with out issue or bulk! I got mine at a thrift store right outside the gates of the big Army base in Colorado Springs, and it's held up quite well in the 10 years or so I have had it!

I prefer a simple looking messenger bag, doesn't stand out, isn't tacticool or camo, and yet holds all of my gear with out issue or bulk! I got mine at a thrift store right outside the gates of the big Army base in Colorado Springs, and it's held up quite well in the 10 years or so I have had it!

A messanger bag while hunting? That seems like it would be a pain in the azz?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top