JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger LC9S. Not a pretty gun, but it hits the sweet spot of being small enough to conceal easily (but not too small to hang onto when shooting), having a good enough caliber, being light enough not to drag your pants down, and having enough rounds on board. Most important, it's got an excellent trigger which makes it easy to get your rounds on target.

I used to carry a CZ-75 and a 1911, but as I get older I just can't deal with that weight any more.

"I used to worry about printing, then I asked myself why."

Me too. I worried because various gun writers went on and on about it, making me think it was important. But now, especially since I'm old, I've become invisible. Nobody looks at old (white) farts. So I just don't care any more. But I still am using a smallish gun for other reasons. I suppose if I were young and black, I'd still care about printing, though.

Last Edited:
Old thread started in 2017. :cool: Who is carrying a gun with more boolits now? :oops: I am. My primary EDC was a Shield 9 mm
or a 340 PD in 357. Now I carry a mid size M&P 9C 2.0. I prefer the manual safety 15 round flush fit mag. I shoot it real well.
Full size wheel guns and pistols are a PIA to carry all day. M&P 9C bottom center.o_O M&P tard here.
1588078176456.png
629, model 60 38 special and a 340 PD lightweight but a extreme recoil with full power 357 mag loads.
DSC00217.JPG

My favorite depends on where I am going and what I am going to be doing but would mainly be a choice of Sig M11-A1 or P320C9, same basic size but vary between OWB and IWB. If just running to the Post Office I might clip IWB my Shield9. If going on more serious outdoor hikes or 4 wheeling, usually take the M7P9 loaded with Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman ammo. See! The choice it easy! :):)

I think it's hard to beat most modern polymer framed single stack 9mms for everyday carry.

For anything smaller I think most snub noses or the .380 LCP / Smiths bodyguard has that market cornered.

Beyond these the options are endless when you scale up. Tons of great full sized and subcompact guns out there. Just be careful with these because they're fun to dream about carrying but not as fun carrying them regularly (that's the point right?).

Lately, I have been using a Smith & Wesson Model 4053 in the mornings when I wear a heavier cover garment and an S&W Model 3953 in the afternoon and evenings between two T-shirts. Great shooters and easy to carry.

I no longer own, shoot or carry handguns. I still shoot a rifle.

Concealed weapon?

I did not buy my knife from the above (^^^) company. I bought if in person after I held it in my hands to see how it fit. I bought it from a brick/mortar store in my own town.

BUCK 113 RANGER SKINNER FIXED BLADE KNIFE

I may get one more knife for my 70th birthday later on this summer.

I only use fixed blade knives. I have BUCK - Made in Idaho, KA-BAR - Made in New York and a few other name brand knives.

I do open carry knives too. Larger blade knives and they are on my belt. They are usually carried in the wood/wilderness, hiking, camping, sometimes on my land towards the brushy/natural area towards the no build zone, and when traveling ON my body.

I always have a KNIFE on me or with me too. Most of the time, while outside on my land or about town - I do carry a SMALLER blade knife concealed like the one above or in another model or brand.

My husband carries a gun on him too. Over 20 years. Most of the time (95%), he carries concealed but he does open carry too. He ALWAYS has a pocket or folding knife on him. He has carried a knife on him since he was a kid. He carries a multi tool kit on his belt. He sometimes carries a fixed blade knife too.

Cate

bmh6U6A.jpg

NO heavier than a 640 J frame, six rounds, beautiful trigger, and night sights that are easy to pickup on presentation whether at night or in the day. It likes Remington 125 grain Golden Saber 357s. Did I mention it is accurate and all sharp surfaces have been melted.

Sig P365 in a sticky pocket holster, Streamlight MicroStream, Spyderco Endura, though in all honesty I waffle between this and a Charter Arms Undercover, neither is my favorite, that was a Walther PPS MKI that I foolishly parted with once the Sig got through a few hundred rounds without a hiccup. The PPS was heavier and carried two less rounds but it was the nicest single stack I've ever fired.

6325486F-DB04-4F4C-B818-D10F952E0283.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top