JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite Christmas movie

• A Christmas Story

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Rudolf

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • The Santa Clause

• Christmas at the Krinks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Die Hard

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Home Alone

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Bad Santa

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Scrooged

• Jingle All the Way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Please show us on this doll where these movies hurt you.

View attachment 639900
50B22DE4-353F-4A42-9542-B82091E0B75C.jpeg

I like many of the old, original Christmas movies that some of the older people have mentioned here. I am old, 69 years old, too!

I do not have a TOP or only one favorite Christmas movie.

I just saw COME TO THE STABLE (1949) for free on the Movies Channel (OTA) with Loretta Young. There are some really good movies on during the wee hours of the night! ION, ME TV Movies Channel, Grit TV, PBS, etc.

COME TO THE STABLE MOVIE LINK:

BELLS OF SAINT MARY

GOING MY WAY

I like the CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS cartoon movie where they talk about the real meaning of Christmas and IT not being about perfect TREES or consumer goods.

It is about the birth of Jesus Christ.

I like Christmas movies when men are serving in war conditions and they talk about what it means to them. Mainly OLD movies and there are some good newer ones out there too.

I like the old JAG USN TV SHOWS around Christmas time. We have the set here.

I like the NORTHERN EXPOSURE Christmas shows and their other shows. We donated our entire set to the library.

I like some of the old western TV shows around Christmas time. The one Gunsmoke show with the orphans is good and I watch that every year! It is on YT for free too.

RAWHIDE and WAGON TRAIN have great Christmas shows too!

I love Christmas shows and concerts on PBS.

I play lots of Christmas music here at home too. OLD music mainly and the classics but I like a bit of modern stuff too.

I liked the old BOB HOPE USO SHOWS! I watched them every single year once they put them on the boob tube. From the 1950's (?). I am not sure of the time frame, apologies, and for sure in the 60's and on.

I liked the DIE HARD movie for many years and we donated that to the library several years ago.

There are most likely MANY other old movies and shows that I have forgotten about now but when I hear or see them - it jogs my memory.

I love Christmas and the real meaning of it.

Cate

I'm old so "It's a Wonderful Life" will always be my favorite. But of the choices, the Lampoon's movie is my favorite.
Some of the others definitely get honorable mention and "Die Hard" is in a class by itself.

BTW, "Trapped in Paradise" is kind of an unknown movie that I enjoy as well.
James Stewart was suffering PTSD while making A Wonderful Life. He flew bombing missions over Germany.

The one with the heat miser and snow miser (the year without a Santa Claus)

The one with burgermeister Meisterburger (hardly ever shown any more) (Santa clause is comin to town)

It's a wonderful life

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top