JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite Christmas movie

• A Christmas Story

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Rudolf

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • The Santa Clause

• Christmas at the Krinks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Die Hard

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Home Alone

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Bad Santa

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Scrooged

• Jingle All the Way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I remember taking a roommate from Taiwan to see A Christmas Story and forgetting about the Chinese restaurant scene. I could have crawled under my seat. When I looked over he's laughing. He was a martial arts and explosives instructor in the army in Taiwan. His nickname with the other Chinese students on campus was the Movie Star.
I was never told the reason for his nickname.
I was an older student on campus and talked a roommate into going on campus see a free presentation of a A Miracle on 34nd. Street the 1947 version. This was 1978 or 1979. Being 10 years older than most students I was amazed at how many had never seen the movie. These kids were cheering and laughing at the end of the movie.

When he made It's a wonderful life Jimmy Stewart was suffering from PTSD his WW2 service.

Call me late to tha party but I have NEVER seen ' A Christmas Story' until I managed to set through it last year one afternoon.

I fail to see the appeal, reason or plot ot it.

Are you joking?!?!?!?

It's hilarious, and probably what most boys who lusted after a BB gun went thru? It's a BRILLIANTLY told and acted film in every respect. How can anyone (especially men, who like guns) not like it?

Call me late to tha party but I have NEVER seen ' A Christmas Story' until I managed to set through it last year one afternoon.

I hated it and didn't get through the first half hour the first time I saw it. Strangely every time it was on when visiting friends and family it seemed to get better. Eventually I got it and now think it's a hoot.

Eventually I got it and now think it's a hoot.
I suffer from a mental incapacity as having a genius IQ (# 154).

Therefore because of this I tend to overlook a lot of what are 'normal' interpretations of humor, plot and 'substance' in movies as I am always looking 'into' the story for alternative realities, reasons and a specific plot.

This is one of the reasons I tend to really like 'psychological' scripted movies as they appeal to my naturally 'introspective' nature of looking 'into' things as opposed to the superficial 'surface' of a lot of movies.

Therefore because of this I tend to overlook a lot of what are 'normal' interpretations of humor, plot and 'substance' in movies as I am always looking 'into' the story for alternative realities, reasons and a specific plot.

This is one of the reasons I tend to really like 'psychological' scripted movies as they appeal to my naturally 'introspective' nature of looking 'into' things as opposed to the superficial 'surface' of a lot of movies.
tldr

lol

Man @RVTECH I like your posts throughout, but your killing it here! Lol.

A Christmas Story is just a classic tale of a typical American family on Christmas.

No need to like it man, just don't nuke it in front of others that do.

Krampus. The scene in the opening credits perfectly captures my feelings about how consumerist Christmas has become.

And I always watch It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas day.

Last Edited:
No I am not joking....

I never wanted a BB gun and was shooting, hunting and involved in the outdoors long before this movie came about.

I simply fail to see the hilarity of this movie so many espouse.
I don't think it has any hilarity, just subtle humor and interesting tales of Americana (even though most of it was filmed in Canada). Like a moving Norman Rockwell painting.

Man @RVTECH I like your posts throughout, but your killing it here! Lol.

A Christmas Story is just a classic tale of a typical American family on Christmas.

No need to like it man, just don't nuke it in front of others that do.

A Christmas Story is barely funny the first time, and a complete waste of two hours each subsequent year.

Christmas story was soooooo much like my life in growing up in the 1950s. All the way down to the kid in the snowsuit, and thinking the parents would regret washing my mouth out with soap. Americana. Not hilarious to be sure, but damn cute!!

My former bozz was a high IQ type... he always annoyed me by overanalyzing movies... wanted to discuss it with me, but he couldn't just enjoy a movie, he was always thinking about what it means, or how they coulda done it better, etc... What a pain in the keister!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top