Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Favorite Bi-pod?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by PDXWolf, Oct 8, 2012.

1. PDXWolf

PDXWolf Oregon Active Member

2. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

I have a caldwell & a Harris they are both nice but the fit/finish is better on the harris I have a cheap one I picked up at a gun show for $20 to put on my AR it's junk

3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

those harris knock-off bipods will work okay, however I personally don't like putting cheap parts on firearm.

go right first time and buy harris. if money isn't a issue, atlas v8 bipod.

4. ronin223

ronin223 Portland Active Member

I prefer the parker hale bipod on my Accuracy int AWP as my fav bipod

But for a 22 rifle a harris which you can get used for about the same price as the UTG or get a UTG.

It's a 22 LR, no need to get the best tacticool accessories. Likely you will change the setup before the bipod fails you.

5. Velillen

Velillen Port Orchard, WA Member

I have that UTG one you linked. I also got this one previously
    Amazon.com: UTG Bipod, SWAT/Combat Profile, Adjustable Height: Sports & Outdoors

Both are ok for knockoffs. Nothing really special. I would go with the one you linked for sure. Its nice being able ot adjust the height and overall it feels a bit studier than the other. Snaps forward and up nicely and it did feel pretty solid. I dont use either all that often but they have worked just fine so far

6. PDXWolf

First thanks for the replies...

Second I want to get a bipod that I could use on other firearms...like my ar15. So getting a nice one, but not stupidly priced, is my goal. TBH it would be used mostly on the 22 at first cause...well ammo cheaper. :)

7. PDXWolf

8. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

this is like buying costless car parts, it will work. but rest is questionable.

there is also grippod, if you like those style. but beware of fake/replica. (good search for how to identify)

if i were you, I'd buy harris and be done with it. if you are serious firearm user, you can't go wrong with harris bipods.

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Why do you need a bipod? To make more accurate shots?

Why would you go cheap? To not make more accurate shots?

just askin':dunno:

10. ronin223

ronin223 Portland Active Member

Cost and accuracy do not necessarily go together. I have shot sub MOA on my match ar with a cheapo chinese bipod.

So far it works as well as my harris and has lasted 10+ years but it looks really cheap is all.