JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ted Blocker in Tigard... Have quite a few and they last forever with the proper treatment.. Have 1 that is 15 yrs old but it's 1.75" and doesn't get worn much, but I
love their 1.5 and 1.25" belts...used to go for about $55.00 bit I think they just had a price increase..

I've heard great things about Ted Blocker belts/holsters, but have no personal experience with them myself. I do own two beltman belts www.thebeltman.net and love them. Mine are both dual-layer bullhide and wear very well. I give him two thumbs up. :s0155: :s0155:

Last Edited:
I have a 1/12" belt made by Animal Jack Leather in Medford. Nice thick belt. The only belt that I have that will support a fully loaded 1911. He used to be at the Portland Gun Show, but I haven't seen him there recently, although I did not attend the last two shows.

Don't own one, but I've heard good things about Ted Blocker as well.

See them touch them, feel them, buy them right out of Ted Blocker's showroom. I do also like my Wilderness Tactical belt, Dan at OFA sells those.

Rule number one, buy something you can see, touch, feel.
Rule number two, if you don't you will be tossing a coin.
Rule number three, see rule number one.

+1 For Ted Blocker. First people I went to after reading bt's thread. Picked up my 1.5" from them last month. Great service, was in and out in about 15 minutes after chatting with the proprietor a bit. A really solid belt at a really fair price, it makes a big difference in carry comfort.

Tracker Leather, Sisters, Oregon. Talk to Ed at Lost Creek Armory in Bend, its his business. (541) 389-4867. I beat the heck out of my belts and the one I'm wearing right now is in its 5th year and still going strong...

If you are looking for a nice looking leather belt that people will see the front of, Galco makes some nice tapered belts. I have one and like it a lot.

However, when wearing more casual clothing I find myself tending toward my Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor belts more and more. In fact, I have four of them in various colors and widths. Very inexpensive and completely effective. The buckles are "different" if you are used to traditional brass buckles on leather belts, but mine is covered up most of the time anyway by my cover garnment so it doesn't matter.

So many good choices! In either case, both belts easily and fully support a 1911, two extra mags, and anything else you reasonably may hang on a belt.

www.thewilderness.com
www.usgalco.com

Last Edited:
I have a 1/12" belt made by Animal Jack Leather in Medford. Nice thick belt. The only belt that I have that will support a fully loaded 1911. He used to be at the Portland Gun Show, but I haven't seen him there recently, although I did not attend the last two shows.

Don't own one, but I've heard good things about Ted Blocker as well.

Bought a black and a brown 1 1/2 " from Jack about 6 months ago at the PDX show. Not cheap at 70.00 but very good quality, and they will hold most anything you put on them.

Hey all,

I am looking for a new 1 1/2" belt for my carry rig. I have heard really good things about the crossbreed belts. Anyone else have any recommendations?

Thanks!

If you don't have to have leather, check out the Giles Wilderness belts. The 3 stitch instructors belt has been my EDC belt for 5 years now and hasn't failed yet. I also use the 5 stitch belt for use on duty for the last 3 years...great belts!!

I have become very fond of my Galco Instructors belts. Since I always wear a cover garment they are never seen and I love how they are strong, light, and 100% adjustable. I hate preset holes on leather belts since one is always too loose and the next hole too tight. :)

Belt1.jpg

Belt2.jpg

If you like a wide belt and have wide belt loops, check out the "Uncle Mikes Ultra Duty Belt". Google it; lots of uniform suppliers sell it. It is a basic, heavy, cordura nylon duty belt, two inches wide, and VERY rigid, completely durable, with a double-action safe plastic closure (no metal). I wear it inside of my belt loops rather than over. It is infinitely adjustable, sticking to itself. I wore one in complete comfort for ten years with no sign of wear. As a side benefit, the wide width and rigidity let it function as a disguised orthopedic back brace. I love this thing! Most IWB holsters will not fit a two inch width though, so keep that in mind.....................elsullo :s0155:

I've been through plenty of gun belts at plenty of price points. By far the best I've had is a sharkskin belt made by Rafters gun leather (find them on the web). I've worn that belt for 5 years...daily use concealed and it is still in great shape.
Price wise...much better prices than you'd expect for such a quality belt.

I've ordered a 1 1/2" belt from Eugene. Should be here next week.
I'll post pics when it arrives. I've also ordered a pancake holster and mag holders. Heard good things about his product.

Will
I'm probably someone you heard good things from as I have one of his holsters. Please do post pictures and a review of the belt you receive, I'm considering a belt from him as well. Oh, and the mag carriers too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top