JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there are a decent number of backpackers on here. I thought it'd be cool to get a list of favorite spots going with descriptions, so it can be a resource of future trip ideas. I feel like I could use that for sure because despite hiking around here a lot I have trouble picking places to go.

My favorite spot has been in the Roaring river wilderness outside estacada, about a 12 mile loop, numerous alpine lakes, great views, good trail surface, cool primitive sites to camp. It's amazing.

So, what's your favorite hike in camping spot?

the Lakes Basin in the Eagle Cap Wilderness is one of the most beautiful places I've been. A fun place closer to home for a weekender is Indian Heaven Wilderness. I also like the Roaring River, did an off trail adventure there this summer the brush was hell though but I like the Rock Lakes basin... best to go later summer after the hatch or you'll get eaten alive.

Yeah Eagle cap/Wallowa is amazing so is lake Waptus and then up to Spade lake out of Salmon la sac in the Cascades. You better do some legs for that one. Unmaintained trail and some me serious elevation gain but worth it because there is usually Noone there because of the difficulty.The Enchantments are amazing too.

Those are all great hikes! I used to be hard into alpine lakes fishing! I caught a fat, bright, 17", native rainbow in Lower Rock Lake! First cast after dropping my pack, and I said "You're a beauty, Mr Rainbow, I'm putting you back!" I didn't catch another fish the entire three day trip!
I was especially fond of the Three Sisters Wilderness and the Oregon Coast Trail!

I've got another favorite after this weekend, went up to McNeil point on Mt Hood. Set up camp at 7100 ft with glaciers all around us. Highly recommended. image.jpg image.jpg

My last camping was on Mt. Margaret, the Sister to St. Helens. Day two in the climb it started to hail, the sleet, to Snow, then Rain.

All at a mile elevation, and so thick I knew we would miss our assigned camp. We turned around back down about two hundred yards, where I had spotted a nice area to do an emergency bivouac ...

We woke to seeing "The Lake" and clear Blue skies. A once in a life time event. :D

philip

Looks awesome. I would imagine the water situation is challenging though.

There was a glacial stream a little less than a mile down from the campsite, should've topped off the water but ended up being fine with the 3 liters each we brought.

I have a lot of favorites I'm hoping a week from now I can add the enchantments to my list!

That's amazing, I'd love to get up there! I'm going to enter the lottery next year for sure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top