JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have Bullseye, Unique, 2400, AA #5, HP38, Zip, Silhouette, and True Blue. Primers too. Now that you all know what I have. Do you have a favorite load for any of those powders?

Crono'd load above. Ya I was getting just under 1000 fps. I did not take notes so cant give exact figures. It was out of my sig226 and cycled the gun well. It was light on recoil and would probally still be using that load if I did not switch to 115 montana gold bullets.

It was pretty much a bottom of the load range load. Besides my manuals I use this site a lot.

http://www.hodgdon.com/
Check it out. It covers Hodgdon,Winchester,and IMR powders I believe.

Steven

Well on the montana golds I think I am on my third case of them so far. So about 9000 Between me and a couple of buddies) down range so far and I absolutly love them! I shoot the complete metal jackets just to make my little kids not so dumb like thier papa.

Can't give them a big enough thumbs up. Work great in my PF-9,Sig226,PC9(carbine) My buddies Glock19,XD9,Springfield1911,and MarlinCamp9.

Steven

The thinking goes like this. When the powder ignites a small amount of the exposed lead at the base of the bullet would get vaporized and settle on my clothes. I come home to a 3 and 5 year old they hug me before I get a chance to shower and change. They pick thier nose and eat it transfering lead into thier digestive track. So i buy complete metal jacket which as a copper base(think it is copper) so slightly less lead in theory is deposited on my clothes. At the young ages of 3 and 5 the lead can if significant can lead to decreased mental function. At older ages not so much. So it might not really do anything but at least it makes me feel a tiny bit better to shoot complete metal jacket bullets when I can.

Flame me if you want people some argue this point and call me crazy but is it worth it with little kids? (remember way back smoking was not bad for you either)

Steven

When you have reied all these other loads try 5.2 grains of 4756. They will shoot under 2.5" groups at 25 yards all day with 115 Montana gold bullets and a 226 Zig

After boasting on how I liked Montana Gold bullets I had an issue where some of the bullets were a smaller diameter than the others . As small as .448 insted of the .451 as they should be. Has anyone else had this problem with Montana Gold Bullets??? Just wondering.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top