JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have run CCI quiet in my semi auto MK pistol suppressed and keeps double feeding so those go to a bolt .I used Ely subs and in the pistol they run flawless and are quite and will run in the semi pistol and semi auto rifle and are pretty clean . I now found a new gem @ 1106 fps the Lapua Polar Biathlon and man are they quiet and they run in the pistol without issues and super clean but a little on the expensive side .

CCI Std Velocity for quiet and pretty good function and CCI Minimags for optimal reliable function. Minimags don't break sound barrel for 4" barrels or less, can get an occasional sonic crack thru my 5" 1911 .22.

I really like CCI standard velocity for everyday use but, I stumbled across som heavy Aguila subsonic stuff a while back. It hits way harder (it weighs 60gr) and will cycle any semi I have. But, the best stuff I still have is the Winchester Suppressed 45gr stuff, it's very clean but not very available lately.

I really like CCI standard velocity for everyday use but, I stumbled across som heavy Aguila subsonic stuff a while back. It hits way harder (it weighs 60gr) and will cycle any semi I have. But, the best stuff I still have is the Winchester Suppressed 45gr stuff, it's very clean but not very available lately.

I've heard/read that the Aguila 60 gr need a faster twist rate. They supposedly keyhole out of a normal twist. What has your experience been?

I've heard/read that the Aguila 60 gr need a faster twist rate. They supposedly keyhole out of a normal twist. What has your experience been?
Haven't done much beyond 50yds but have not seen any keyholing out of four Ruger 22/45 pistols, a Ruger RPR, or the 10/22's. My S&W 617 4" wasn't the most accurate with them though, the groups opened up at our indoor range.

Haven't done much beyond 50yds but have not seen any keyholing out of four Ruger 22/45 pistols, a Ruger RPR, or the 10/22's. My S&W 617 4" wasn't the most accurate with them though, the groups opened up at our indoor range.
I have a box I picked up at a show a few years back...never tried them or bought more after reading that. Maybe I should!

All I've got are cci fragmenting. At 710fps, it really is hammer drop quiet. Won't cycle a bb gun, though.
I use a lot of the 710fps stuff but only for short shots. It is substantially quieter than the air rifles we have when suppressed. The bullet drop is substantial but super fun.

For pistol. Just about anything that cycles. Most will be subsonic. CCI standard velocity is a great pistol round too.

20211031_170340.jpg This has been working as advertised for me. For ultra quiet I like the lower velocity stuff, but use this when I want the semis to cycle.

I love CCI Quiet from a bolt rifle for the Hollywood quiet and giggle factor, but as pointed out it does have a large drop/lob factor. Another vote for the CCI Standard velocity for quiet shots that can cycle and won't drop bad. Recommend caution with the Aguila super sniper subs as I've had baffle strikes with the length/weight difference. Has made me more cautious with weights that aren't standard to the twist rate of the barrel.

Even thinking about the Quiets in a 16" bolt rifle with can makes me grin. You hear the firing pin, a slight "thwip", and then impact. Love them!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top