JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I open carry. I will tell you this, 99.99% of the people do not see a firearm!

Example: Last weekend I met a buddy that I hunt with at Cabela's, I was OCing. The store was packed. We 'pre shopped' for an hour and a half. After one complete round of the store I finally pointed it out to him. He was blown away, neither he noticed nor did anyone else. We shopped for a total of 5 hours and not one word or eyeball. We finally go in line to pay for his goodies. One gentleman in line asked, "is that a Sig?"

okay, so you think it is Cabela's.... gun friendly and all....

Example: Downtown Seattle ('Liberalville'), met a friend downtown for some shopping, coffee, sight seeing... after about an hour again I pointed it out to my friend. He was absolutely stuned that he had not noticed. He thought he was very observant and situationally aware. He was CCing. After 4 hours in downtown Seattle, not one word was said. I did notice a SPD officer nod at me, but that was it!

Be proud of your choice to defend your life and that of your family. Be proud to be a gun owner, be ready to answer questions in a positive light.

Well the fact that your buddies aren't noticing is not amazing. Your friends are likely not threatened by you. This does not mean the gun is invisible. It merely means your friends are very loyal and trust you a lot. I garantee you that if an anti gunner felt threatened by you no matter how irrational the feeling was they would have seen and likely called LEO's. Sounds to me like you have a very friendly and non-threatening personality. I comend you for that. :s0155:

I went to Costco today and sometime of lifting few stuff my t-shirt tangle on the inside of my IWH. I didnt know and I pushed the shopping cart around for an hour. At the checkout point the guy that help the cashier loading my stuff notice my firearm hanging out and he walk closex to me told me and said "my friend just had a kaboom with plastic gun, now he is carrying 1911 steel frame." i look down and see my glock 21sf is hanging out. I pulled my shirt cover it and said "I have 1911 too but I am a Glock fan" we both smile at each othet and I paid for all my stuff and leave without any issue.

I have only been carrying for about 3 months now.. But I have gotten into the habit of making sure my shirt, coat or sweater is pulled over my IWB...

So anytime I get out of my car, reach above my shoulder, etc.. I just grab the bottom of my shirt and pull it down, just to make sure I am concealed...
observant that tugging at your clothing will show that you're carrying. And criminals are sometimes observant.

What guns match Batman shirts???

:s0114:

Will
I am not sure, but almost all of my guns match the ring. :D

SupesRing.jpg

I tried to solve that problem by buying a size larger shirts. It feels like a tent around me, especially since I've been losing more weight (but not height lol) but it hangs long enough to cover it while moving around a bit, even if I have to reach up above me to do something. Mainly do that when I have to have it concealed instead of open carry, such as at work and going to Costco.

I did kind of the same thing last year. Took my vest off and my shirt had caught on my IWB allowing my HK .45 to show. One of the women in the office blurted out "Is that a gun?" She is ex-military and a good friend of both of us was behind her (he's also ex-military). He said something to her and the rest of the staff was too busy to notice. Probably nothing would have happened as the boss is cool with guns and, if you have a permit, all he says is "don't do anything stupid" while at work. But that was almost stupid!!

I tried to solve that problem by buying a size larger shirts. It feels like a tent around me, especially since I've been losing more weight (but not height lol) but it hangs long enough to cover it while moving around a bit, even if I have to reach up above me to do something. Mainly do that when I have to have it concealed instead of open carry, such as at work and going to Costco.
\
that or buy tall sizes. I'm just about 6' but I take a 30" inseam so I have a lot of trunk length.

Couple of years ago, I was delivering frozen meat for a trucking Co. in Portland. I ran down south on my route delivering to a warehouse SW of Grant's Pass and the receiver spotted my beltclip KelTec P11. He called my boss later that morning reporting me and my "little friend". I was let go for that trying to say it was illegal. After telling him it was not, he just said it was against company policy. Now I am retired and my boss tells me "it's okay". :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top