JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a little bit of a potential issue today at work. I have been building a new wine bar in the lower dining area of our restaurant. I was installing some pendant lighting which required me to reach over my head a lot. Because I sometimes forget that I am no longer 175lbs of chiseled beef and am now more like 205lbs of creamed beef I did not think to check my hoodie. It had pulled completely up over my belt line and come back down behind my IWB holster. My Glock was hanging out plain as day. I am not sure how long it was like that but it was for several minutes at least and there was about 10-15 people sitting around me. No one seemed to notice at all. Not even employees that came up to me while I was on the ladder to ask questions.

One good thing to come from this is that this little error made me realize how little attention people around us actually pay to what we are doing. If they do not notice a gun hanging out in plain sight they are not going to notice a small amount of printing at all.

PS: I bet you all thought I almost shot the icemaker again. :D

Unless they are looking for it, most people won't even notice if you were OCing in front of them.

I have only been carrying for about 3 months now.. But I have gotten into the habit of making sure my shirt, coat or sweater is pulled over my IWB...

So anytime I get out of my car, reach above my shoulder, etc.. I just grab the bottom of my shirt and pull it down, just to make sure I am concealed...

That's the advantage of the belly band. It hides a lot of the weapon with fabric, it can be raised higher if needed and it looks like a back support if seen. Plus weapon can be worn on either side or in back. I've found that a flexible clip on holster put on the inside of the band and clipped over the holster band area can stiffen thing up if you get "flop" while moving around. Makes the weapon ride a little lower below the band too.

once I realized that nobody really notices when your printing is when I finally became 100% comfortable in carrying concealed, I've done the same thing that playboy penguin did only it was at a family get together (most of my family doesn't think to highly of firearms) and nobody seemed to notice.

Hey Penguin. The sheeple probably thought you were an unfortunate PDX copper moonlighting to pay for his legal defense bills. I use a smart carry myself. Makes the ladies think funny thoughts but does'nt print "gun" out loud. Greydog.

The guy who owns Hawthorne Cutlery just shoves his pistol into his back pocket for all of his customers to see. Although that probably seems more "normal" to SE Portlanders in a knife store than it would in a restaurant!

do what I've done - I've developed a body fat anti-printing feature around my waist - my IWB rig nestles nicely in the middle age pudge and no one notices. I'm working on some hang over flab - kinda like a natural flap holster.

I open carry. I will tell you this, 99.99% of the people do not see a firearm!

Example: Last weekend I met a buddy that I hunt with at Cabela's, I was OCing. The store was packed. We 'pre shopped' for an hour and a half. After one complete round of the store I finally pointed it out to him. He was blown away, neither he noticed nor did anyone else. We shopped for a total of 5 hours and not one word or eyeball. We finally go in line to pay for his goodies. One gentleman in line asked, "is that a Sig?"

okay, so you think it is Cabela's.... gun friendly and all....

Example: Downtown Seattle ('Liberalville'), met a friend downtown for some shopping, coffee, sight seeing... after about an hour again I pointed it out to my friend. He was absolutely stuned that he had not noticed. He thought he was very observant and situationally aware. He was CCing. After 4 hours in downtown Seattle, not one word was said. I did notice a SPD officer nod at me, but that was it!

Be proud of your choice to defend your life and that of your family. Be proud to be a gun owner, be ready to answer questions in a positive light.

What guns match Batman shirts???

2710967385_5630c34056.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top