JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, on one of my trips to the city to see doctor, I picked up a copy of Shooting Sportsman. At least two times while reading said my wife spied the advertisement for the Fausti Aphrodite line, which is designed for women shooters, and inquired about. The 20-gauge variant being of interest.

I do not have any experience with these, and only a vague idea about Fausti in general. Anyone have thoughts about this line? Thank you. :)

CG,

I never heard of it or saw one in a store. I have not read a firearm magazine in a long time too!

I never owned a shotgun.

Cate
PS: I have handled but never shot a Beretta Silver Pigeon at my old, now closed Ronan, MT store. They are VERY popular, classic, beautiful, quality made shotguns up around Flathead Lake and all around the world! I almost bought one and I could actually OPEN and close it easily with my old, arthritic hands. My husband was going to pay for it but I kept debating about it on and off. That gun was a bit heavy but it was EASY for me to handle and IT was a beautiful shotgun! I held it almost every time that I visited that store too. LOL

Last Edited:
They make a Phenomenal Shotgun, very handy and quick, and they feel just right! I got to shoot several when they first hit the U.S. hard, and it was a very pleasant experience ( Plus, the sisters are very fine company, especially Giovanna ;)) Short answer, they are made By Women for Women who are shotgun aficionados! They also make fine examples that fit men folk perfectly! Well worth it in every way!

The Smurfy One has Excellent Taste! :D

So, on one of my trips to the city to see doctor, I picked up a copy of Shooting Sportsman. At least two times while reading said my wife spied the advertisement for the Fausti Aphrodite line, which is designed for women shooters, and inquired about. The 20-gauge variant being of interest.

I do not have any experience with these, and only a vague idea about Fausti in general. Anyone have thoughts about this line? Thank you. :)
I know they're one of the better Italian makers.
Nice gun. Nice price, too.

Dean

They make a Phenomenal Shotgun, very handy and quick, and they feel just right! I got to shoot several when they first hit the U.S. hard, and it was a very pleasant experience ( Plus, the sisters are very fine company, especially Giovanna ;)) Short answer, they are made By Women for Women who are shotgun aficionados! They also make fine examples that fit men folk perfectly! Well worth it in every way!

Barbara is quite the hottie... Sigh... :D

Well thank you. :D

Thank you for the information. Such recommendations have convinced my gent that maybe I ought to shoulder it to see if it is a Smurfy size. :s0168:

So the next question is where would I be able to find one to try out? The farthest north we tend to go is Salem. The farthest east is Redmond. We don't go to Portland unless forced to. We would be open to northern California.

Well thank you. :D

Thank you for the information. Such recommendations have convinced my gent that maybe I ought to shoulder it to see if it is a Smurfy size. :s0168:

So the next question is where would I be able to find one to try out? The farthest north we tend to go is Salem. The farthest east is Redmond. We don't go to Portland unless forced to. We would be open to northern California.
That is a good question!
Might try to see if Cabelas might have some in stock, that's close enough to you fine folks!
I will not name the shop in Portlandia who would have them, the reviews section should tell you enough, you would end up paying way over list for in there ( and Have to suffer the loony toons that take place in there), BUT, it may be the ONLY shop that has them in Oregon if Cabelas dosn't!

That is a good question!
Might try to see if Cabelas might have some in stock, that's close enough to you fine folks!
I will not name the shop in Portlandia who would have them, the reviews section should tell you enough, you would end up paying way over list for in there ( and Have to suffer the loony toons that take place in there), BUT, it may be the ONLY shop that has them in Oregon if Cabelas dosn't!

Looks like it is time for a road trip. We are more concerned about the fit as I can't reach the top shelf in the store without tippy toes or help. :oops: We have an FFL, partially due to overpriced boy's club gun stores, so we would figure out another way to purchase.

Looks like the closest dealers are in California...

Pacific Sporting Arms

850 W. Foothill Blvd
Azuza, CA 20537
Phone: 866-474-6848

New Idria Arms

847 Industrial Drive
Hollister, CA 95023
Phone: 831-272-0856

...don't know which one is closer.
AKA, Length of pull for the Aphrodite is 14.49 in.
Here's Fausti's page on the Aphrodite --> Fausti USA - Core - Over and Under - APHRODITE
Good luck, guys.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews