JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been in the woods he was killed in, lots of times. There are pot farms scattered throughout the national forests up there, and armed guards ready to bury anyone who discovers them. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dr. was getting close to one.

That was my first thought - but I would think that said "guard" would try to scare them off instead of hunting them down and shooting them. Also, the shooter shot two other people.

Given that behavior, if the shooter was guarding something, I would think it more likely to be a meth lab than a pot farm, as meth-heads are more likely to be paranoid and have poor judgement than someone on pot. Also, pot being semi-legal now the black market for it not being what it used to be, maybe not worth doing prison time killing someone who is simply near your pot farm.

Hard to know what the motive was until we hear more?

Also, pot being semi-legal now the black market for it not being what it used to be,
Actually nothing has really changed with regard to this as I previously stated:

Illegal grows are still an issue - consider this - legal pot only benefits those who can afford it. Where do the low lifes go to get it cheaper? Also the states that have not legalized it (and maybe never will) still need to be supplied and last but not least illegal purchases by LEGAL dealers wanting a better deal. This has also been a documented problem as well.

Illegal pot growing will always be a problem.

That was my first thought - but I would think that said "guard" would try to scare them off instead of hunting them down and shooting them. Also, the shooter shot two other people.

Given that behavior, if the shooter was guarding something, I would think it more likely to be a meth lab than a pot farm, as meth-heads are more likely to be paranoid and have poor judgement than someone on pot. Also, pot being semi-legal now the black market for it not being what it used to be, maybe not worth doing prison time killing someone who is simply near your pot farm.

Hard to know what the motive was until we hear more?

It's been over 20 years since I've been up there. I'm sure the times have changed, as well as the preferred drug. Pot or Meth, it's irrelevant.

Those growing/making it aren't necessarily using it, most are in it strictly for the money and have little to no conscious. Anyone who comes too close is a threat and will be dealt with as dead men tell no tales.

I can't tell you for sure this is what happened to this guy, but my personal experience and experiences of others I've known lead heavily towards this scenario.

Illegal grows are still an issue - consider this - legal pot only benefits those who can afford it. Where do the low lifes go to get it cheaper? Also the states that have not legalized it (and maybe never will) still need to be supplied and last but not least illegal purchases by LEGAL dealers wanting a better deal. This has also been a documented problem as well.

I didn't say it went away, I said it isn't what it used to be.

Illicit drugs will always be a problem as long as they are illicit to the point where there is enough profit to risk trafficking in them.

Not to diminish this tragic occurrence, but does anyone know of the incident out of Estacada last year when a couple were shot and killed at a remote shooting site. Was that case ever solved? Not to link the two, but this has made me wonder....

Large illegal grows are often just a part of the picture and often involve harder drugs such as meth as well as human/sex trafficking.

Updated story: Off-Road Holiday Trip Turns Deadly After Gunman Ambushes Danville Father, Son In Sierra County

According to sheriff's deputies, the suspect in a Utility Terrain Vehicle tried to run over officers at high speed on a utility terrain vehicle and fled towards Downieville. The UTV collided with another officer. After an exchange of gunfire and deployment of a K-9 dog, the suspect was taken into custody and transported to a hospital.

The suspect has been identified as John Thomas Conway of Oroville, according to authorities.

It's California. He'll be locked up for awhile while being told that while his murderous phycosis is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle, he shouldn't really act on it. Then he'll be unleashed back on society in about 9 years.
Probably less than that actually.........

Jack told his mom he ran through the woods for over an hour trying to get away from the gunman and until he could get cell phone service.

"Jack is sending texts to Paige saying, 'I need you to fight cancer,' 'I need you to be OK,' 'I love you,' 'I don't think I'm going to make it out of here,'" said Meyers-Barer.

I ALWAYS have my old school mini with the underfolder and a 40 rd mag ready to go on the passenger seat whenever I'm going into the woods. I can swing that bubblegumer around the inside of my truck like a pistol. If someone's riding shotgun with me, they're in charge of it. It just gives me the firepower to hopefully make it out of the situation or to get to my already loaded AR. Some of my friends think I'm crazy, Im just somewhat prepared. Had a few weird things happen in the woods 20200318_204645.jpg

I always carry when out in the wilds, and now days, I carry the FAL as the preferred rifle! Used to be a .30/06 bolt action or a .45/70 lever got the job, but with all the drugs and crazies out there, ( I have met one) I just don't think a pistol is enough anymore!

I ALWAYS have my old school mini with the underfolder and a 40 rd mag ready to go on the passenger seat whenever I'm going into the woods. I can swing that bubblegumer around the inside of my truck like a pistol. If someone's riding shotgun with me, they're in charge of it. It just gives me the firepower to hopefully make it out of the situation or to get to my already loaded AR. Some of my friends think I'm crazy, Im just somewhat prepared. Had a few weird things happen in the woodsView attachment 719303
Your not in CA. That looks like an AW with a possibly illegal high capacity magazine.

Your not in CA. That looks like an AW with a possibly illegal high capacity magazine.

I was born and raised there. Left when the DOJ came after me and wanted me to relinquish my firearms. Im VERY familiar with how that place works

TH,

Methinks you tell it like it happens to be - We now have 'free the felons' and they are being freed in droves, to prey upon the law abiding, but there's a 'moo-ment' believing those poor, dear, convicted are 'victims' - my aching patooty they are....

Those who sacrifice their dignity to the mob, kowtow, degrade themselves, will reap what they sow!

It would be interesting if there were a study that showed how many of the convicts that are freed via the "Covid" release, commit a serious crime before their original incarceration time would have been completed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top