JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In my opinion we should ship that POS protestor off to Iraq and let him protest there. I'm not a Marine and this angers and sickens me.

Dad of Marine who died in Iraq ordered to pay funeral protesters' court fees
By The Associated Press
March 29, 2010, 2:12PMBALTIMORE -- Lawyers for the father of a Marine who died in Iraq say a court has ordered him to pay legal costs for the anti-gay protesters who picketed his son's funeral.

The protesters are led by Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church. Albert Snyder of York, Pa., had won a $5 million verdict against Phelps, but it was thrown out on appeal.

On Friday, the Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Maryland ordered Snyder to pay the costs of Phelps' appeal.

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed earlier this month to consider whether the protesters' provocative messages, which include phrases like "Thank God for dead soldiers," are protected by the First Amendment.

Lawyers say Snyder already is struggling to come up with the fees associated with filing the brief with the high court.

A noble man sued some terrible people for using their free speech rights in a despicable way.

Predictably, he lost. Now he has to pay their expenses.

I'm sure that a lot of other noble men and women will help him cover the cost.

Justice will find the Phelps clan and their disgusting habits on another day and in another way.

But there's nothing wrong with the law here. The good guy isn't supposed to win every time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top