JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OMG! Horrible on way too many levels! Maybe it is only "fake news" posited by anti-gunners?? Sigh, probably not. What a depressing article. Keep it safe out there everyone.

Which is why when you teach kids, teach them proper rules and FOLLOW THEM.

Totally avoidable. 1000%

Then she walked in the room and I pointed it at her and pulled the trigger, thinking it was empty."
One boy said Hummel pointed it at him up to three times and that the gun made a "little pop sound,"
THIS IS ALL I NEEDED TO READ!!!! - Stupid effing idiot!! Probably some newbee who never fired a gun in his life and suddenly he 'knew it all' after buying his first - Well he sure didn't know anything about the 1st & 4th Commandments of the ten!!
As a father of a daughter I raised and PROPERLY taught gun safety to this sickens me. See her - with me in my avatar pic ? - this is something this guy will never do with his daughter because of his abject stupidity! You flag wavers can flame me all you want but I am an ADVOCATE of some form of mandatory training for a first time gun owners - ever heard of Hunter's Safety? Well nobody seems to beeotch about that being a requirement for first time hunters and there should be something for first time gun owners as well - but READ CAREFULLY - I am only 'speculating' on this being his FIRST and I do not know how any potential safety program would be mandated.

This makes me sick. Absolutely sick. This idiot obviously knew nothing about gun safety.
It's pisses me off to no end.

'I thought it was empty': Father says he fatally shot daughter, 9, while teaching sons gun safety 'I thought it was empty': Father says he fatally shot daughter, 9, while teaching sons gun safety
These mindless shootings are heart breaking. This father's father never taught him when young about firearms. We have millions of cars so we teach our children to cross the street. We have millions of firearms and a few months ago I was out back with my two grandsons with their BB guns. One of their friends came over and I allowed him to take a few shots. The way the mother went off on me you would have though I fed him poison. How dare I let him fire a gun I took her abuse a short time then it was my turn. In a country with over 300 million firearms she should be thanking me. Her son is one that would have no problem of killing him self or a friend if he ever finds some yahoo's hand gun. But we all know how a Liberal's brain works, they don't. If it did happen she will have no problem putting the blame on a piece of steel never thinking for a minute she is at fault.

what a tragedy. I honestly believe the father made a mistake based on the fact that he has zero training and knowledge about proper safe gun handling. This story is fodder for the anit's and quite frankly, there is no rebuttal to offer against it... so many people think "they know" gun safety when they buy one and probably have never even heard of coopers 4 rules, or ignore them. Gunners, let this burn in real deep.... master those 4 simple rules. Its really that simple.

Then she walked in the room and I pointed it at her and pulled the trigger, thinking it was empty."
This was NOT a mistake - this was an unbelievably stupid, negligent act that was so wrong on all levels I cannot even begin to list all the safety violations - I wouldn't rule out 'alcohol being a contributing factor' also. What incredible level of stupidity would make you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger 'thinking it was empty' ?

Yep, common sense plus the rules are written in stone if a laps of memory has you breaking a rule there is another rule to avoid being lame brained of the one not followed.

Yup.

Every time we go shooting, and when shooting with friends, we do a brief safety huddle. Reviewing the 4 rules, plus site specific stuff.

Old salt or newbie. Doesn't matter.

Every time.

Every time we go shooting, and when shooting with friends, we do a brief safety huddle. Reviewing the 4 rules, plus site specific stuff.
Boy howdy! - I used to do the same with my daughter and her friends when I took them shooting - some were pretty well experienced and some not so - but I was the 'Commander in Charge' so I prevailed!

This makes me sick. Absolutely sick. This idiot obviously knew nothing about gun safety.
It's pisses me off to no end.

'I thought it was empty': Father says he fatally shot daughter, 9, while teaching sons gun safety 'I thought it was empty': Father says he fatally shot daughter, 9, while teaching sons gun safety

Unfortunately intelligence isn't a prerequisite of buying or handling a gun.

If firearm safety was taught as part of regular curriculum instead of optional personal classes, I believe negligent shootings like this would shrink to a fraction of whatever they currently are. There is no excuse for this level of stupidity and ignorance in this age of information.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top