JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So from the article, the data comes from a biased source (the Washington Post) and has been admittedly "adjusted". So... where are the facts? In my view this is just another anti article trying to present it self some sort of truth.

Im also unfamiliar with the term from the article "the researchers asessed", could we get a definition of the word "asessed"? is this a new word I'm not familiar with or is the group that authored this article too lame to know how to use a spell checker?

The following is quoted from the article,

"This data comes from the Washington Post's "Fatal Force Database," which the researchers used for their study because there isn't a federal database to track police-inflicted deaths.

Looking at data for the years 2015-2017, the researchers asessed the levels of household gun ownership in each state, and adjusted for violent crime rates, as well as the proportion of the population that was non-white or living in poverty and urbanization."

There was no connection with legal gun ownership vs criminals with illegal guns being killed. Its not like Jim from the office who owns a gun for home protection is being shot by the police. At least this article didn't show that. It just attached some numbers and assigned the outcome. It could be people who use radial tires lead to more police shootings. The data was just as vague.

I didn't click but these type of articles have no credibility and they are just another hit piece by the anti-gun agenda.

what should happen when these type of Articles come out with no credible evidence, they should be held accountable to retract it and be punished in some sort of way.

What correlation does legal gun ownership data and the proportion of the population that was non-white or living in poverty and urbanization have?

During the three years, they calculated a total of 2,934 fatal police shootings, and found that 56 percent of those killed were armed with a gun. In all, a fatal shooting was 40 percent more likely to happen in states with more guns.

What should alarm people is that only half of the people killed by police were armed with a gun.
I suppose one can be armed with a knife or club, which may warrant a defensive shooting.
I wonder what that statistic is for unarmed perps being shot it...

PS; where is all the evidence and statistics to support the claim, it just makes a few points alludes to some others, then it's over!

It's a little more clear in Harvard's synopses. Also note it was funded by the NIJ.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/police-shootings-states-with-more-guns/

It makes sense to me. In a encounter with a police officer someone is more likely to get shot if they have a gun. If there are more people with guns then they are more likely to have one in a encounter with police.

It's like saying someone is more likely to get in a car crash in states with higher car ownership per capita.

Biggest flaw. How many guns are there in Kansas or Oregon? There is no comprehensive registry so it is BS. There is no comprehensive database of police shootings either. Fake news.

It's a little more clear in Harvard's synopses. Also note it was funded by the NIJ.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/police-shootings-states-with-more-guns/

It makes sense to me. In a encounter with a police officer someone is more likely to get shot if they have a gun. If there are more people with guns then they are more likely to have one in a encounter with police.

It's like saying someone is more likely to get in a car crash in states with higher car ownership per capita.
Living in a state with high gun registration, whatever that would look like, doesn't automatically mean people who own guns have them when they encounter the police.
Even if a person is carrying a gun that should not give the police license shoot.

There is actually no correlation to prove what they claim, however FBI stats show clear areas with higher anti-gun practices actually result in more gun violence, near all gang related. Oakland California as a example( cause Chicago is a given) had more shooting deaths in one week then any school shootings during those same times. Doesn't matter even what shooting we are talking about that one city and many more happen all the time.

Living in a state with high gun registration, whatever that would look like, doesn't automatically mean people who own guns have them when they encounter the police.
Even if a person is carrying a gun that should not give the police license shoot.

I agree that it should not give the police a license to shoot, however in reality it kinda does. Given any scenario where someone is armed and there is a police shooting, it's much less likely to be judged excessive force or unjustified, regardless of if in reality the officer overreacted.

I didn't click but these type of articles have no credibility and they are just another hit piece by the anti-gun agenda.

what should happen when these type of Articles come out with no credible evidence, they should be held accountable to retract it and be punished in some sort of way.

These publications play to their agenda and readership. Long ago they quit printing pro-gun or NRA articles and letters, unless it fit their play book. They couldn't care less about accurate, unbiased reporting or opinion and feel no need to retract or apologize. Our ONLY local rag here in Clatsop County, the daily astorian, is among those news sources which are closed to logic and fairness.

As an example all candidates for office or even an article with two partisan politicians, top billing, first mention, best photos, always goes to the dem. Has been that way for 45 years that I know of. No wonder this county is decidedly democrat. That's all the people know. It's like brain washing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top