JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, I cannot for the life of me can even try to figure this out.
The only thing that comes to mind is a scene from the movie World War Z.

When you slip and fall forward, your natural reaction is to put your hands up near your head/chest to protect your vital areas from an impact. If you happen to be holding a handgun in one of those hands, a split second flinch as you're falling is all it takes for it to go off.

I'm only speculating. If the firearm was holstered during the fall, it would have been pointing at his legs and not his head. Also, most modern handguns have safeties in place to prevent discharge if it's dropped.

The only thing that comes to mind is a scene from the movie World War Z.

When you slip and fall forward, your natural reaction is to put your hands up near your head/chest to protect your vital areas from an impact. If you happen to be holding a handgun in one of those hands, a split second flinch as you're falling is all it takes for it to go off.

I'm only speculating. If the firearm was holstered during the fall, it would have been pointing at his legs and not his head. Also, most modern handguns have safeties in place to prevent discharge if it's dropped.

The same scene from WWZ came immediately to my mind too when I read the story yesterday.

I didn't see any mention of what the gun was. It could have been a rifle.

My thought was long gun as well, keep your finger off the trigger. I've taken a few falls and slips when hunting and this always freaks me out, so I am extra careful about where why fingers are. I don't even have a round chambered until I am ready to shoot, doesn't take too much time to work the bolt.

I've got a sweet old upside-down spring retained J-frame shoulder rig that might allow the muzzle to sweep my head given some odd contortions. The hammerless gun would never go off though, even if naked and thrown bouncing down the Grand Canyon.

Considering 80% of the people shot with handguns survive. This guy had some rotten luck. :shy:

No. I suspect there is something more here the news isn't telling us. I mean really? Do they care if they get a story about a gun death right? Those people believe guns run around killing on there own!

Yea.. kinda odd. I wonder if they even did a gun residue skin test on the GF or what. And "in the face?".. did they do powder burn analysis and trajectory recreation etc? "In the face" sounds quite specific to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top