JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
08-28-2012, 12:38 AM#10

Burt Gummer tell how those folks were suppose to know the guy was a LEO and the gun fight was not just a fight between two gangs. If you jump in there real quick you just might get yourself shot like the officer did. A real gruesome video to watch a LEO die ... He seemed to stop moving 22 seconds after being shot. How many other gangbangers were around ?

How did bad guy #1 in the green t-shirt take a point blank range center of mass shot (right to the chest) and still be coordinated enough to run outside and shoot the officer? I am a fairly big guy but if you shot me in the center of my chest with anything .380 or larger I think that would be it for me. Edit > he could have been shot in the shoulder, video isn't that great.

I agree, two shots before he turned his back on him like that.

Too bad people just stand around loitering while the officer is dying. I would have been talking to him and asking him to hang in there, put my shirt under his head - something.

Statistically, the body has about 30-60 seconds left of being combat effective after the heart is destroyed. The only guarantee of, lights-out-now, is a CNS cut off.

People are selfish and most times choose to ignore and/or avoid things that are not convenient for them.

08-28-2012, 12:38 AM#10

Burt Gummer tell how those folks were suppose to know the guy was a LEO and the gun fight was not just a fight between two gangs.

I would say a good indicator of who the bad guys were in that situation would be the quick arrival and armed robbery. I doubt any reasonable person would assume the felons were LEO's.

I was wondering if a 9mm would have enough power to punch through polycarbonate and dense foam and then penetrate a skull without being deflected.

Maybe ask this guy to test it
<broken link removed>

I figured that's what you were asking and I was saying make sure you aim for the visor.
I would guess a defense round could be deflected or filled with plastic and not do it's job,...fully. It would leave a mark and cause, at the least, a really,really bad head eck

I think a FMJ would go thru pretty easily

I would say a good indicator of who the bad guys were in that situation would be the quick arrival and armed robbery. I doubt any reasonable person would assume the felons were LEO's.

Let's see, you are on the street. Some guy comes running out of a store with a gun. He shoots a guy on a motor scooter. Some other guy comes out of the store and shoots the guy that just shot some other guy. The guy just shot falls to the ground and continues to shoot at the guy that just shot him. You are going to get involved ?

As far as inside the store, once a shot is fired I'm on the ground looking for a way out the back door, or for some serious cover. I'm not looking to take time to try to figure what is going on. I'll leave that to those that figure they are the 'Sheep dogs'.

Let's see, you are on the street. Some guy comes running out of a store with a gun. He shoots a guy on a motor scooter. Some other guy comes out of the store and shoots the guy that just shot some other guy. The guy just shot falls to the ground and continues to shoot at the guy that just shot him. You are going to get involved ?

As far as inside the store, once a shot is fired I'm on the ground looking for a way out the back door, or for some serious cover. I'm not looking to take time to try to figure what is going on. I'll leave that to those that figure they are the 'Sheep dogs'.

If you admittedly won't help out your fellow man, why do you carry a firearm?

Are you proposing that you are outside and that you cannot dicern who is trying to get away after commiting a crime? How about some deduction? You have an individual who is fleeing a store wearing a helmet. You have another individual waiting on a running scooter in front of said store also wearing a helmet. You have a third individual stumbling who is neither fleeing nor wearing a helmet. What do you think happened?

PS

Being that your location states CA, I would have to assume that you do not carry a firearm on a daily basis unless you are MIL/LEO. However, if you are LEO I would hope you would perform your legal obligation. If you are MIL with a combat arms MOS I would hope you performed your ethical obligation. If you are not within a combat arms MOS, you would still of had some formal training and would not be completely useless.

If you are neither and are able to carry in CA, and this happened in your direct presence, I suppose you could always wait around for one of those, sheep dogs, to help you.

Why help at all when you can wait for other people to take care of them problem....

The whole 'still coming' after a heart shot is distressing. I need to rethink defensive strategy. Head shot or multiple shots against an armed opponent when shooting a smaller/summer carry like .380.

I just hope I'll never have to shoot someone period, ever, let alone fire six shots into them because they are still standing holding their gun.

As for the guy dying there, laying on the street, alone - very sad. I agree with one of the above posts, wish I didn't watch that, bugged me for hours. I would have comforted the guy a bit at least. As the lights are going out just about any human deserves better.

The whole 'still coming' after a heart shot is distressing. I need to rethink defensive strategy. Head shot or multiple shots against an armed opponent when shooting a smaller/summer carry like .380.

I just hope I'll never have to shoot someone period, ever, let alone fire six shots into them because they are still standing holding their gun.

As for the guy dying there, laying on the street, alone - very sad. I agree with one of the above posts, wish I didn't watch that, bugged me for hours. I would have comforted the guy a bit at least. As the lights are going out just about any human deserves better.

Not just when carrying something small. And even then...sometimes multiple hits doesn't stop a person.

An individual, even without battle rattle can survive a hit to the head and remain combat effective. If you are going to aim for the head you need to connect with the ocular to get an immediate shut down. Movement begins with the head. Being that the ocular cavity is within the head, it is smaller than the head - much smaller. Translated, you will be taking a shot on a small quick moving target, making an ocular shot in a dynamic situation fancy stuff.

<broken link removed>

Stupid video, he shot the guy on the bike in cold blood. He wasnt even looking.

Police of a foreign country.

THIS right here is the answer!
The robbers may have been in this cop's dominion.His personal money making operation,trying to steal from the merchants who pay him for protection.......?
So stealing HIS money

At least,that's one of the first things I thought of

And I have never had to shoot anyone,like,it seems,some on here have.
But I have talked to people who have and watched some videos of folks who have been shot.

The general consensus is,stop the threat.If the body is twitching,it's a threat.
And everything that Hollywood shows you about getting shot is pretty funny,not close to what CAN happen

Kentucky Windage,
My first thought of your post was 'why argue with a Californian?'
Good post though.
And of his was,If you aren't willing to think of yourself as,at least, a wannabee sheep dog,why would you be on this forum?

If you admittedly won't help out your fellow man, why do you carry a firearm?

I carry a firearm to protect myself and my family when a lethal threat confronts me, or us. I am willing to help my fellow man, as I served honorably in the U.S. military. I hope you do not have a problem with that.

How about some deduction?

Hmmm my experience is that deduction can get one into very expensive situations that might even lead to being placed in a locked room, or killed.

If you aren't willing to think of yourself as,at least, a wannabee sheep dog,why would you be on this forum?

Personally I was unaware that this forum was for 'Sheep dogs', or 'Wanna be sheep dogs'

It seems this forum rather than listen to each persons personal view of the world would rather force some pre-conceived illusions on everybody visiting, and if not embraced then slam, bash, label the person with a negative. Interesting group.

I carry a firearm to protect myself and my family when a lethal threat confronts me, or us. I am willing to help my fellow man, as I served honorably in the U.S. military. I hope you do not have a problem with that.

Hmmm my experience is that deduction can get one into very expensive situations that might even lead to being placed in a locked room, or killed.

Personally I was unaware that this forum was for 'Sheep dogs', or 'Wanna be sheep dogs'

It seems this forum rather than listen to each persons personal view of the world would rather force some pre-conceived illusions on everybody visiting, and if not embraced then slam, bash, label the person with a negative. Interesting group.

You want people to listen to your personal veiws and not assign pre-conceived, "Illusions" yet you are calling people who would be willing to help a fallen LEO, sheep dogs. You're right, that is interesting.

You are not the ony person on this forum who has or who is currently serving - far from it. You have already clearly stated that you are not willing to help out your fellow man. The last sentence of your first paragraph is irrelevent and it seems it is designed to pick fights.

If your deduction leads you to the gray bar motel, I would suggest that you re evaluate your methods of reasoning.

There are countless documented incidences where armed citizens have made the choice to help out LEO's and/or their fellow man who are in distress. They have saved lives and stopped bad people from doing bad things. No one is saying that you should drop what you are doing or abandon your family - to imply that people are saying that is a display of your, "Illusions" of those, "Sheep Dogs." If you happen to find yourself in a dire situation and you can act, you should. Especially if you have had formal training which would enable you to save lives. Sure, you could sit around and say that you just wanted to, "Be a good witness" and wonder if you could of done some good and contributed for the rest of your life.

Kentucky Windage perhaps you are right. However I suggest you not come to California with that attitude.

CA not being inviting to people who don't think exactly as they do? There is a word for that....

I moved from CA before Mr. Brown took office a second time around. Many people did the same thing; they decided they had better things to do than to hang around waiting for impending doom.

Good talk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads