JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. The same legislation and liberal based drivel you're spewing about a dog breed is no different than the anti-gun rights argument. Think before you speak. Otherwise I might have to blind you with facts....

Pit Bulls are the so called "assault weapons" of the dog world. They are hated and feared by those who know little about them other than what they see on TV. They are targeted for regulation by restrictive and irrational breed-specific bans. The next time you read an editorial by some libtard politician calling for bans on "assault weapons" or "high capacity magazines", if you cut-and-paste the word "pit bull" over every reference to a weapon you will see what I mean.

My only problem with pits is that IF they do decide to bubblegum your day up, they're gonna bubblegum it up bad. I don't think they're any more likely to unjustifiably attack humans, but I know that any dog can, and some will do a lot more damage, if they do, than others.

Therefor, I would not own a pit. I don't have any desire to own any animals, including dogs, so it's not a decision I have to make... but I think if I were to buy a dog, it would be a black lab or something small enough that if it went turbo on me, I could just wring its fuccin' neck.

I would shoot it, but it would break my heart to do so. It isn't the dog's fault that it has an idiot for an owner that is irresponsible and doesn't keep track of their dog. I would be furious at the owner who put me in that position by not taking better care of their dog, and broken hearted that I had to kill the dog.

I'm a dog lover, and pretty supportive of various Pit rescue organizations, but Pits are BY FAR more likely to kill a human than any other breed. Now., I'm not blaming the breed, but there IS a correlation between what kind of dog it is and the likelihood of it injuring or killing a human. I own two German Shepherds, who also tend to get a bad rap. It's all in how the dog is raised, and monitoring for warning signs. Kinda like kids actually... :)

I'm a dog lover, and pretty supportive of various Pit rescue organizations, but Pits are BY FAR more likely to kill a human than any other breed. Now., I'm not blaming the breed, but there IS a correlation between what kind of dog it is and the likelihood of it injuring or killing a human. I own two German Shepherds, who also tend to get a bad rap. It's all in how the dog is raised, and monitoring for warning signs. Kinda like kids actually... :)

You must be some kind of ignorant, liberal, anti-gun, racist. I hope no one has to blind you with facts.

I blame the Smeg Heads who have something to hide that own dogs like this. For as long as I am armed and a dog goes wooly on me will buy a one way ticket to the doggy special hell.

These days, the minimum is full house 9mm hollow points in a Browning High Power Practical or Kimber Eclipse Pro Target with 230 gr. Ball, shoulder holster carried, cocked and locked, safety on.

Why ball ammo? It goes through humans (let alone dogs and other predators) and does very little damage. I keep the ball ammo for practice, and carry Remington Golden Saber
+P in my EDC.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"
[/B]
"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I hate it when vicious pit bulls jump into my UPS truck when I am trying to make a delivery.....

They call that ''TASTING'' :]

null_zpsca82204b.jpg

They call that ''TASTING'' :]

The dog that was "tasting" my neck was a new one that the owner had brought home that day from a rescue.

I pulled up to make the delivery and the owner was outside, holding the dog by its harness while it frantically tried to get loose and get to me. Its tail was wagging at high speed, the toungue was hanging out, and it had the characteristic "wiggle butt" action of a friendly dog. I told the owner to go ahead and let go of it, so she did and the dog took off at a dead run straight towards me. In one leap it cleared both steps of the truck, and in the next leap it was in my lap and licking my face as if I had used gravy for aftershave. I got muddy paw prints all over my uniform and doggy slobber all over my face. It was awesome. Some people might find that sort of thing frustrating; for me it simply meant the certain knowledge that I would never have to worry about getting bitten at that particular house.

The dog that was "tasting" my neck was a new one that the owner had brought home that day from a rescue.

I pulled up to make the delivery and the owner was outside, holding the dog by its harness while it frantically tried to get loose and get to me. Its tail was wagging at high speed, the toungue was hanging out, and it had the characteristic "wiggle butt" action of a friendly dog. I told the owner to go ahead and let go of it, so she did and the dog took off at a dead run straight towards me. In one leap it cleared both steps of the truck, and in the next leap it was in my lap and licking my face as if I had used gravy for aftershave. I got muddy paw prints all over my uniform and doggy slobber all over my face. It was awesome. Some people might find that sort of thing frustrating; for me it simply meant the certain knowledge that I would never have to worry about getting bitten at that particular house.

I'm giving you a bad time, I'm glad that you get along with dogs. I"m sure many of your guys haven't been so fortunate to get along with dogs like you do. By the way, what flavor after shave do you use?? Maybe that's what they like. :]

The two most challenging breeds to deal with in my experience are German Shepherds and Chows. They tend to be unfriendly, and it is very difficult if not impossible for me to "read" their body language.

Only dog that's ever bit me was a chow, because EXACTLY like you said they are hard to read. I'd throw standard poodles into that mix too. They are a big dog that everyone thinks is cuddly bichon.

Best dog I ever had was a black lab/chow mix. His name was Ringo, and he was 3-5 when we got him. He came with the house my mother and I rented, and he lived another 14 years after that. He was about as old as I was when he finally died. He was just sweet and even-tempered, great with other pets, kids. His only flaw was a wanderlust, if he saw an open gate he'd take it. Even when he was old and grey with arthritis, he ran for it.

So, again it all depends on the dog, the owners, the environment. It's not a simple and clear cut issue.

lol, we had a black lab that was a genius.

And we had one that was dumb as a rock.

Not all dogs are the same, but they do have traits that are more than just urban legend too

The chow that bit me was the nicest sweetest dog I ever knew, and we were playing with her and her sister, who was actually the 'skittish' one. We were playing, and then she just decided she wasn't playing anymore anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top