Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fatal dog attack in Pierce Co. Shoot/Don't shoot?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

Without question! Bang..flop.

3. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Yep.....Any wild animals, four legged or two.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  4. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I did. With the Sheriffs blessing and thanks. On the loose pit bull attacked a neighbor and dog years ago. Bit the woman and the dog bad, went about 30 feet after I ran at it, turned around and came after me. That was it. Helped a deputy was a neighbor.

5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give it no more thought than wringing a cat's neck.

asiparks, mjbskwim, erudne and 3 others like this.
  6. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

In fear of my life no questions asked. Would not give it a 2nd thought.

7. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

No problem shooting an attacking dog no matter if its me or someone else. My only fear would be the interaction with the owner who didn't see the incident.

8. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I always carry at the dog parks. So yes.

9. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

where I live a lot of dogs get dumped, it's pitiful as they are totally lost, bewildered and betrayed. They usually end-up ripped to shreds by coyotes or shot by the local ranchers

10. rur862

rur862 Seattle Active Member

Post Deleted.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  11. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

Pit bulls are the breed of choice among the low brain function crowd.

2506, PuddleMonkey, Grunwald and 3 others like this.
  12. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

I'm not down with the Pit-bull hate. That being said, any dog that is attacking a person who is not attacking the family member or breaking into their house will not get a second thought, or any remorse afterwards. In fact, I might even enjoy just crushing some of those little rodent dogs with my boot if they actually started biting someone.

I forget who told me this first, but there are two kinds of dogs in the world. Dogs for hunting, and dogs for punting. Not an all inclusive list, but you get the idea.

13. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Can I use the Mossberg 590? :)

Brutus57 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Fast Eddie

I have had 4 neighbors, 2 Pits a Rottie and Husky-German Shepherd mix who's dogs have come after me, with them in tow, assuring me that they are harmless. I have in all cases reserved shooting the dog as a last resort. I have to go to work and leave my family next door to the folks who have already demonstrated that they have no regard for the safety of my family and will undoubtedly blame me for the situation. Their Hatfield and McCoy mentality produces enmity, when you call animal control after repeated request to have them control their dog so you can have reasonable enjoyment of your property.

If you lived next door and have these things snarling through the fence at your kids and charging you when the owner turns their back on the dog, you might have a different view of things. I watched my neighbors Pit scale a 6' chain link fence and crawl over into the front yard, they are unbelievably determined and athletic dogs. Going to war with the @-hole owners are the biggest deterrent to shooting them, followed by the unbelievable potential legal burden.

My neighbor across the street was bit in the face by her friends Pit. So yeah, it's not jut the breed I don't like, it's the folks that own them, and live in a dream world about them. When reality bites, sadly, it's usually not the owners that get bitten or mauled. The lame rationalizations they make after the dog attacks are equally sickening. The local laws here are way to relaxed when it comes to aggressive dogs.

I have never had an issue with my other neighbors golden retriever, ever.

15. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

To protect me or mine? Yes with extreme prejudice and I like most dogs, that weigh at least 20 lbs or more.

Brutus out

16. Suge206

Suge206 Seattle Active Member

I would hope to be able to kick it or something but if shooting was the only option to save a human...sure thing.

17. Fast Eddie

I've heard the Pie Matrix can be like that.

18. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I love canines and we rescue Rottweilers but if they are attacking an innocent person I'll shoot (Ours won't and we heavily train them so and have voice control)

19. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Pack mentality can affect most breeds. The only dog that ever bit my wife was a border collie. Your neighbors are toxic waste, I feel for their neglected and probably abused canines, but you have to protect yourself

20. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

The dogs were not born that way. It is the owners who allowed them to become that way. I would say shoot the owner, but I would get in less trouble for shooting the dog. Sad.

mosinguy1 and (deleted member) like this.