JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Following fatal dog attack, would you shoot an attacking canine?

The Tacoma News Tribune is reporting today that a 65-year-old Spanaway woman identified as Nga Woodhead died this morning from injuries sustained in an Oct. 30 attack by two pit bulls, one of which was shot by an armed private citizen and the other by a Pierce County sheriff’s deputy.

<broken link removed>

I did. With the Sheriffs blessing and thanks. On the loose pit bull attacked a neighbor and dog years ago. Bit the woman and the dog bad, went about 30 feet after I ran at it, turned around and came after me. That was it. Helped a deputy was a neighbor.

No problem shooting an attacking dog no matter if its me or someone else. My only fear would be the interaction with the owner who didn't see the incident.

where I live a lot of dogs get dumped, it's pitiful as they are totally lost, bewildered and betrayed. They usually end-up ripped to shreds by coyotes or shot by the local ranchers

I'm not down with the Pit-bull hate. That being said, any dog that is attacking a person who is not attacking the family member or breaking into their house will not get a second thought, or any remorse afterwards. In fact, I might even enjoy just crushing some of those little rodent dogs with my boot if they actually started biting someone.

I forget who told me this first, but there are two kinds of dogs in the world. Dogs for hunting, and dogs for punting. Not an all inclusive list, but you get the idea.

I'm not down with the Pit-bull hate. That being said, any dog that is attacking a person who is not attacking the family member or breaking into their house will not get a second thought, or any remorse afterwards. In fact, I might even enjoy just crushing some of those little rodent dogs with my boot if they actually started biting someone.

I forget who told me this first, but there are two kinds of dogs in the world. Dogs for hunting, and dogs for punting. Not an all inclusive list, but you get the idea.

I have had 4 neighbors, 2 Pits a Rottie and Husky-German Shepherd mix who's dogs have come after me, with them in tow, assuring me that they are harmless. I have in all cases reserved shooting the dog as a last resort. I have to go to work and leave my family next door to the folks who have already demonstrated that they have no regard for the safety of my family and will undoubtedly blame me for the situation. Their Hatfield and McCoy mentality produces enmity, when you call animal control after repeated request to have them control their dog so you can have reasonable enjoyment of your property.

If you lived next door and have these things snarling through the fence at your kids and charging you when the owner turns their back on the dog, you might have a different view of things. I watched my neighbors Pit scale a 6' chain link fence and crawl over into the front yard, they are unbelievably determined and athletic dogs. Going to war with the @-hole owners are the biggest deterrent to shooting them, followed by the unbelievable potential legal burden.

My neighbor across the street was bit in the face by her friends Pit. So yeah, it's not jut the breed I don't like, it's the folks that own them, and live in a dream world about them. When reality bites, sadly, it's usually not the owners that get bitten or mauled. The lame rationalizations they make after the dog attacks are equally sickening. The local laws here are way to relaxed when it comes to aggressive dogs.

I have never had an issue with my other neighbors golden retriever, ever.

I love canines and we rescue Rottweilers but if they are attacking an innocent person I'll shoot (Ours won't and we heavily train them so and have voice control)

I have had 4 neighbors, 2 Pits a Rottie and Husky-German Shepherd mix who's dogs have come after me, with them in tow, assuring me that they are harmless. I have in all cases reserved shooting the dog as a last resort. I have to go to work and leave my family next door to the folks who have already demonstrated that they have no regard for the safety of my family and will undoubtedly blame me for the situation. Their Hatfield and McCoy mentality produces enmity, when you call animal control after repeated request to have them control their dog so you can have reasonable enjoyment of your property.

If you lived next door and have these things snarling through the fence at your kids and charging you when the owner turns their back on the dog, you might have a different view of things. I watched my neighbors Pit scale a 6' chain link fence and crawl over into the front yard, they are unbelievably determined and athletic dogs. Going to war with the @-hole owners are the biggest deterrent to shooting them, followed by the unbelievable potential legal burden.

My neighbor across the street was bit in the face by her friends Pit. So yeah, it's not jut the breed I don't like, it's the folks that own them, and live in a dream world about them. When reality bites, sadly, it's usually not the owners that get bitten or mauled. The lame rationalizations they make after the dog attacks are equally sickening. The local laws here are way to relaxed when it comes to aggressive dogs.

I have never had an issue with my other neighbors golden retriever, ever.

Pack mentality can affect most breeds. The only dog that ever bit my wife was a border collie. Your neighbors are toxic waste, I feel for their neglected and probably abused canines, but you have to protect yourself

The dogs were not born that way. It is the owners who allowed them to become that way. I would say shoot the owner, but I would get in less trouble for shooting the dog. Sad.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top