JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not sure how being fit or healthy or in shape is a horrid idea ? Personally I think body building as you described is a very unhealthy practice. Fitness is NOT about body building or being able to lift specific weight. it is all about ones overall health and well being. I was crippled for almost 6 years and was fortunate enough to heal myself, and that was an incredible learning experience that I willingly share with many people. I completely agree all are free to make their own decisions because that is what our health or lack of is all about, simple decisions we make. Our health is nothing but a decision ! No doubt you and anybody else are free to do exactly as you please. My choices and experiences may be quite different, and I am very glad and thankful for my health and healing. I get about 5000 inquiries a month at my site and have helped many folks heal themselves of many maladies and that is my focus and what I find important. It is not about anything except health for me and good living and thinking !
Go start a forum on fitness and stop trolling this one.

not sure how being fit or healthy or in shape is a horrid ide

Are you a friggin idiot? That was sarcasm!. If someone ask you about your "site" or for your opinion about your perfection then by all means spew your crap!. This post was about concealment options, we've heard enough of your crap, STFU already!. So you're fit, now you need to learn how to be polite and less obnoxious!.

I'm a large man myself, but I always wear some sort of jacket or zip up hoody when I go anywhere. I'm personally looking at shoulder holsters for being a better option for a fat man to CC. A pocket concealed would be an option, more than likely a backup to the shoulder rig. Those are the two main options I find to work best for me. It's what makes you feel comfortable that matters. If it's uncomfortable you'll wind up just leaving your CC at home.

Personally I'm prepared. When the skinnys are dying off from starvation I will live for years off a few earthworms and crumbs.
Serious note, when I stopped doing manual labor and became a boss I gained about 7lb a year for the last few years. 4oclock carry for me works ok, no matter if it's a MDE or a .50. But hey big guys can carry big guns and even owb without printing to much. A 511 medium duty works great all tight and snug.(can't remember the 511 model) but I believe Joe be rocking one in his EDC pic..
We should have a fat boy meet, and go over gear and ideas. Imagine the looks haha

I wanna thank Y'all; a lot good ideas, and suggestions. What I ended up getting was something Cabelas had similar to the Kangaroo Carry. Holds my shield 40 snug and secure, conceals well without printing, and it's not terribly uncomfortable to wear. As far as the health suggestions, I wasn't offended; I'm not thin skinned, literally ;). Since I quit the 5th a night club, I've put on some extra weight. One vice at a time.

I was 280 last year. Now I'm down to 230 pounds. I was using an OTP leather holster to carry my fullsize 1911. I hardly tuck my shirt it. The holster added weight and was bulky so I tried the Versacarry for my 1911 and for my magazine holder. I love it.

Versacarry 1911.jpg

Versacarry 1911.jpg

I have no bubblegum what's so ever if anything it's an innie not an outie. A good sturdy belt made a word of difference to me. Now I can carry even my combat commander comfortably in the 4 o clock position which is my favorite. I went with the Blackhawk belt black leather black buckle not bad looking at all and I can't quite remember where I got it but it was only around 20 25 bucks. Wanna say midway

not sure how being fit or healthy or in shape is a horrid idea ? Personally I think body building as you described is a very unhealthy practice. Fitness is NOT about body building or being able to lift specific weight. it is all about ones overall health and well being. I was crippled for almost 6 years and was fortunate enough to heal myself, and that was an incredible learning experience that I willingly share with many people. I completely agree all are free to make their own decisions because that is what our health or lack of is all about, simple decisions we make. Our health is nothing but a decision ! No doubt you and anybody else are free to do exactly as you please. My choices and experiences may be quite different, and I am very glad and thankful for my health and healing. I get about 5000 inquiries a month at my site and have helped many folks heal themselves of many maladies and that is my focus and what I find important. It is not about anything except health for me and good living and thinking !

So is it really necessary to browbeat others ,you don't see them starting the rant your on. (live and let live) ,I'm sure there are things you eat or own that many on here would find troublesome so if you don't have anything nice to say about others you have never even met keep it to yourself, I'm certain they don't want to here it . I for one am happy your happy but don't cram your ideals down others neck, If they wanted your opinion they would ask for it ,there are a lot of wonderful people on this site now go have a nice day

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top