JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This has become a trend with me. I'll catch a show while having a beer and share. Just saw a show called "Fat Cops" on CMT and all I once again I am blown away. Whatever your position is on police officers they are people just like you and me so I feel that most are fair and just doing their job minus the occasional dikhead. This show does a great job of enforcing the stereotypes associated of cops; eating doughnuts all day everyday, overweight, lazy, constant texting, calling their local "criminals" stupid, etc. For god's sake the show is called FAT COPS!! What a negative stereotype of cops this show portrays.

This thread is going to be filled with people who despise cops in short order. However, all of these shows are stupid. They find the worst of anything out there (youth, italians, cops, minorities, etc, etc) and makes the most asinine television show out of it. I agree with your sentiment about most cops being good, normal people doing the best they can.

Unfortunately some are fat slobs :p

i watched the first 2 episodes and couldnt stop laughing except when the one dude was being an *** to the new guy. i dont think ill be following the show though.

This has become a trend with me. I'll catch a show while having a beer and share. Just saw a show called "Fat Cops" on CMT and all I once again I am blown away. Whatever your position is on police officers they are people just like you and me so I feel that most are fair and just doing their job minus the occasional dikhead. This show does a great job of enforcing the stereotypes associated of cops; eating doughnuts all day everyday, overweight, lazy, constant texting, calling their local "criminals" stupid, etc. For god's sake the show is called FAT COPS!! What a negative stereotype of cops this show portrays.

Yet, you just admitted that you watch it. Soooooo, not sure what my takeaway is supposed to be here...................

If it's anything like all those other "reality based documentaries," it touches somewhat on everyday ops, laced with staged "situations" to make it interesting - with coincidentally flawless sound engineering, camera angles, etc. I haven't seen it yet, and as a former cop I might find myself hooked into watching out of morbid curiosity. So, if I trip over it, I'll look. But as soon as I see any of the same production stunts and scripting they use on all those other contrived docu-dramas, I'm outta there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top