Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fat Cops

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gallogiro, Jul 14, 2013.

1. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

This has become a trend with me. I'll catch a show while having a beer and share. Just saw a show called "Fat Cops" on CMT and all I once again I am blown away. Whatever your position is on police officers they are people just like you and me so I feel that most are fair and just doing their job minus the occasional dikhead. This show does a great job of enforcing the stereotypes associated of cops; eating doughnuts all day everyday, overweight, lazy, constant texting, calling their local "criminals" stupid, etc. For god's sake the show is called FAT COPS!! What a negative stereotype of cops this show portrays.

2. gallogiro

One of the cops hurt his ankle so he set up a hoveround with lights and siren. Ahhh!!! This show is so stupid. I hope it gets cancelled soon. My brain hurts.. Blah!

3. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

This thread is going to be filled with people who despise cops in short order. However, all of these shows are stupid. They find the worst of anything out there (youth, italians, cops, minorities, etc, etc) and makes the most asinine television show out of it. I agree with your sentiment about most cops being good, normal people doing the best they can.

Unfortunately some are fat slobs :p

4. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

i watched the first 2 episodes and couldnt stop laughing except when the one dude was being an *** to the new guy. i dont think ill be following the show though.

5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

What about the 4'8" females with a duty belt that weighs as much as they do.
    Fail from the get-go.

6. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Yet, you just admitted that you watch it. Soooooo, not sure what my takeaway is supposed to be here...................

7. gallogiro

I did, saw about 15 min of it, when the dude in the hoveround showed up I quit. That was all the fat cop I could handle, I hadn't had enough beers to find it entertaining. :)

8. joe bratch

joe bratch PNW New Member

Cops are all about calling for back up and swarming bad guys with overwhelming force. You don't need to be in shape for that.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

It's a show on CMT, nobody is going to take it seriously.

10. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

If it's anything like all those other "reality based documentaries," it touches somewhat on everyday ops, laced with staged "situations" to make it interesting - with coincidentally flawless sound engineering, camera angles, etc. I haven't seen it yet, and as a former cop I might find myself hooked into watching out of morbid curiosity. So, if I trip over it, I'll look. But as soon as I see any of the same production stunts and scripting they use on all those other contrived docu-dramas, I'm outta there.