JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am currently trimming my rifle brass by hand using a Lyman EZ trim set and a hand drill. It gets the job done, but it is slow as a snail uphill, especially it is annoying when I have 300-600 cases of 223/556 sitting waiting to be trimmed to size.

So I am looking to get some ideas and input to get this done faster. Is there a device or rig available that does the same thing in a faster manner? Something with a case quick detach or something of that nature?

Thanks!

Reno911

I went with the Frankford Arsenal trimmer. upload_2016-6-5_20-45-51.png

The Lee cutter and lock stud thingys work pretty fast in a drill press. If you have a drill press. I do my large batches of rifle brass that way. Otherwise I have an RCBS (pro 2?) I use for batches under 50. It works pretty good also. Once it's set the brass is held on one side by a spring loaded shell holder and a few cranks on the handle trims the head. Took longer to explain that than to do it lol.

I recently got a WFT (worlds finest trimmer) in .223 and it works awesome. I was using the lee cutter n lock stud but every few cases it would pop out of the shell holder. Jacked up some brass that way

rcbs trim pro with a 3 way cutter installed and a drill instead of the crank handle is what i use. it trims, chamfers and deburs all at once. since i mass produce .223 this is a big time saver.

Google the little crow trimer for videos.

Been using one for 3/4yrs.
70 bks and a Lyman case prep center 99 bks have been the best investment I've made for doing rifle brass.

That little finest trimmer looks like a winner. Watched the video. He did something like 5 cases in the time it would have taken me to lock my first one into my Lyman.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top