JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny, for a site where people defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, we enjoy piling on the dead guy, calling him out even though in the eye's of Justice he was found not guilty. No I am not a MJ fan, his music wasn't my thing, but to me he was a tragic figure that I felt somewhat sorry for. It is time for us who claim to stand for justice and the law to abide by it's decisions whether we agree with it or not. Having sat on jury duty, I am sure that the jury in his case had a difficult time in it's choice. But it is the concept of reasonable doubt that sets us apart from barbarians. I leave the final judgment up to God alone, I know nothing of his judgment, only his mercy.

Funny, for a site where people defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, we enjoy piling on the dead guy, calling him out even though in the eye's of Justice he was found not guilty. No I am not a MJ fan, his music wasn't my thing, but to me he was a tragic figure that I felt somewhat sorry for. It is time for us who claim to stand for justice and the law to abide by it's decisions whether we agree with it or not. Having sat on jury duty, I am sure that the jury in his case had a difficult time in it's choice. But it is the concept of reasonable doubt that sets us apart from barbarians. I leave the final judgment up to God alone, I know nothing of his judgment, only his mercy.Let me ask u this wold u let ur kid go to MJ's house after his trail. Whether he was found not gulity or gulity. I am not gonna take the chance. I to have been on a jury panel and had to be put on the stand as a witness. Just because they found someone not guilty doesnt mean they are truly not gulity. In fact if he was not guilty than why did he ahve to pay so much money in the civil trial. OJ was found not gulity but he got off because he had a darn good lawyer. Alos there r so many people that have been wrongly convicted that its not funny. I wil admit there r some flaws in our legal system but for the most part it is for the better of the US. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights also gives each and every person on the this site the freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whether we talk about a dead person or a live person!

Funny, for a site where people defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, we enjoy piling on the dead guy, calling him out even though in the eye's of Justice he was found not guilty. No I am not a MJ fan, his music wasn't my thing, but to me he was a tragic figure that I felt somewhat sorry for. It is time for us who claim to stand for justice and the law to abide by it's decisions whether we agree with it or not. Having sat on jury duty, I am sure that the jury in his case had a difficult time in it's choice. But it is the concept of reasonable doubt that sets us apart from barbarians. I leave the final judgment up to God alone, I know nothing of his judgment, only his mercy.

We are just exercising our right to free speech! :s0155: So we are not violating any constitutional rights. Michael Jackson is trash, I refuse to give him a pass, pedophiles do not warrant forgiveness in my world, if God wishes to forgive him that is up to him.

He was not found innocent he was found not guilty by reason of prosperity. :D

If you want to see what a real hero looks like read this article from today's Oregonian.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/rob_finchthe_oregonian2002us_m.html

Let me ask u this wold u let ur kid go to MJ's house after his trail. Whether he was found not gulity or gulity. I am not gonna take the chance. I to have been on a jury panel and had to be put on the stand as a witness. Just because they found someone not guilty doesnt mean they are truly not gulity. In fact if he was not guilty than why did he ahve to pay so much money in the civil trial. OJ was found not gulity but he got off because he had a darn good lawyer. Alos there r so many people that have been wrongly convicted that its not funny. I wil admit there r some flaws in our legal system but for the most part it is for the better of the US.

Sometimes the jury system fails. And so does the civil lawsuits. If you shoot someone in self defense and are found not guilty in a criminal trial, there stands a good chance that one could still lose the civil trial. It is to our best interest to allow the system to work to the best of it's abilities and for us to abide by their decisions. Was he guilty? It's not my call. If I were to believe the media it sure looks like it. Would I allow my child to spend time with him, no, but for many reasons including the suspicions. Again, the system found him not guilty. I am not going to waste my time worrying about it.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights also gives each and every person on the this site the freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whether we talk about a dead person or a live person!

We are just exercising our right to free speech! :s0155: So we are not violating any constitutional rights. Michael Jackson is trash, I refuse to give him a pass, pedophiles do not warrant forgiveness in my world, if God wishes to forgive him that is up to him.

He was not found innocent he was found not guilty by reason of prosperity. :D

If you want to see what a real hero looks like read this article from today's Oregonian.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/rob_finchthe_oregonian2002us_m.html

Free speech? Sure we have the right to it through the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Does that mean we are obligated to offer our opinions about everything? No. Does that mean that common decency and decorum are tossed out the window just because we have some need to offer up an opinion? It shouldn't, personal liberty should always be tempered with common sense and prudence. Just because we see a teenager in our shed does that mean we should should shoot him? Someone gets all smart arse with us in the parking lot should we engage in an argument even if we were the wronged ones? Sometimes it is better to ignore or turn the other cheek, this is what separates us from barbarians. MJ was not my type of person, not my idea of entertainment, not really on my radar. If others bemoan his death, so what. I am not going to jump in and trash the guy, serves no real purpose. The 1A is a wonderful guarantee in the Bill of Rights. But it much like the 2A or any other right we have, comes with a the idea of personal temperance and responsibility. That may mean that we, in the spirit of the law, sometimes refrain from comments. But if it make one feel better to trash talk the dead then do it. Just remember that we are judged by the same standards on how we judge others. Just my .02 BTW, free speech is not guaranteed on this site, it is a privately owned site that has rules that we all agreed to when we logged on. At anytime if we ignore the rules, we can be banned or disciplined. That would not be a violation of the 1A.

Free speech? Sure we have the right to it through the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Does that mean we are obligated to offer our opinions about everything? No. Does that mean that common decency and decorum are tossed out the window just because we have some need to offer up an opinion? It shouldn't,

Your decency and decorum isn't necessarily mine.

personal liberty should always be tempered with common sense and prudence. Just because we see a teenager in our shed does that mean we should should shoot him? Someone gets all smart arse with us in the parking lot should we engage in an argument even if we were the wronged ones?

All true and i would have to agree, for example I wouldn't go out and shoot some kid stealing my car stereo. But this is kind of off topic.

Sometimes it is better to ignore or turn the other cheek, this is what separates us from barbarians. MJ was not my type of person, not my idea of entertainment, not really on my radar. If others bemoan his death, so what. I am not going to jump in and trash the guy, serves no real purpose.

That is your prerogative, I on the other hand feel the need to be consistent in my feeling toward the guy.

The 1A is a wonderful guarantee in the Bill of Rights. But it much like the 2A or any other right we have, comes with a the idea of personal temperance and responsibility.

I once yelled theater at a crowed fire just for laughs :D I have always felt the truth is all that matters so I won't give the guy a break just because he sold some records. I would also point out that the 1st amendment doesn't apply here, if the owner states I can't call MJ a pedophile I am obligated to comply or leave.

That may mean that we, in the spirit of the law, sometimes refrain from comments.[
I disagree, the law is the law there is no spirit of the law you either can say something legally or you can't, the rest is personal choice.

But if it make one feel better to trash talk the dead then do it. Just remember that we are judged by the same standards on how we judge others.

Yes and other pedophiles are looked at as the lowest form of life on earth, money, fame, and popularity should not change that unfortunately it does.

Just my .02 BTW, free speech is not guaranteed on this site, it is a privately owned site that has rules that we all agreed to when we logged on. At anytime if we ignore the rules, we can be banned or disciplined. That would not be a violation of the 1A.

Yes and so far I am not violating any rules. :s0155:

I understand your argument for respect for the deceased, I just feel that he deserves none.

That is the great thing about the ols USA, we can all agree to disagree and still live together. Some of us take the high road like iknoa and some take the low road does that make either of us wrong nope not at all we r just different people that have different views. But tomorrow when we get on this site we will still have the same things in common?Yeah we will cause we all believe in the freedoms that our forfather fought so hard to give to us in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

What I noticed was when people heard MJ died they either said "oh", made a snide remark or said nothing at all. When the same person heard that Farrah also passed away everyone of them said "That's too bad".

'Bout sums it up.

What I noticed was when people heard MJ died they either said "oh", made a snide remark or said nothing at all. When the same person heard that Farrah also passed away everyone of them said "That's too bad".

'Bout sums it up.

Sad part is we have heard next to nothing on Farrah...it's all about the weirdo.....

I believe TV Land is running a Farrah marathon. Rather watch Charlie's Angles than to listen to all of the MJ I heard on our receptionist's radio! I was in high school when Farrah hit it big. Will never forget the red swimming suit picture! If you've seen it, you know what I mean.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top