JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When the looting starts, check in with my neighbors, fire up the grill and tell my Lady 'See, I told you!'

You want to have all your Christmas shopping done long before the looting starts.

People who have not eaten weird sh!t are in for a rude awakening when push comes to shove. I'd take the grain I use to feed my pigs over what is coming.

This very topic came up last weekend between myself and my daughter (she about to have her first) and I laid it out what is what, again.

Interesting tangent concerning "odd" foods. I've eaten, even enjoyed, some unusual stuff. A few that comes to mind:

• Chapulines. A Mexican dish. Cleaned, seasoned, and roasted grasshoppers. Not bad. Not super good either. Could see doing again.
  • Squid, in so many dishes: fried calamari, calamari "steaks", and squid chowder are a few good ones.
  • Pulpo con patatas. It is a Catalan dishes of octopus and potatoes, which is quite good, imho. A variant I've made is octopus chowder (recipe here). (I only make it when the wife is a way because she will not countenance said while at the home. And she will be gone next week so ... teehee.)
  • Horse meat. Meh, had it a few times, don't know why Europeans are into it. But if I was starving, hell yah, it would be great. While things are hunky-dory and I can buy steak, so why, even if I could. ("Fun" fact, it is now illegal in Oregon, as a bill passed a few years back.)
  • Goose liver pate. Nice snack with the cocktails.
  • Frogs legs. Meh, it is what it is. Had it once and that was about it.
  • Steak tartare. Involves raw meat. Alas, most restaurants won't prepare it due to liability reasons. Couple times I had it was fantastic.
And I'm sure plenty I've forgotten. Good thing our species is an omnivore; it helps us survive. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top